PDA

View Full Version : When to start weaning clonazepam when AD starts to "work"?

molloy
09-12-15, 21:57
Hello,

I've been on Clonazepam for generalized anxiety for 3 months, "while the antidepressant kicks in". Problem is the first AD never worked, and I had to switch, (from citalopram to sertraline) and I take .375 mg of Rivotril daily, from up to .75 mg a month ago.

Now the sertraline seems to be "kickin" after a month as I feel slightly less anxious.
What should I do about the clonazepam now ? Too early to wean off? try to go down to .25 mg ?
My doc is a GP and simply gave me a prescription for up to 1 mg a day "as needed".

Any insights/similar experience would be welcomed!

ana
29-02-16, 11:24
Although I can't relate to the experience you've had with those medications specifically, I can share with you that the antidepressant I had been on for a number of years (Zoloft) wasn't doing anything for me, and I eventually stopped taking it. However, I'm still on Rivotril, and have been getting on well with it. I'm currently on 0.5 mg a day.

I think the best thing to do would be to speak to your GP more about it, or to a doctor that is more knowledgeable on anti-depressants/anti-anxiety medication.

Good luck :)

karenp
30-07-16, 08:28
I used to take Citalopram and would def wait until I knew I was perfect before coming off my benzo (Lorazepam) and then do it in waters every other week, no wd but my doctor put me on Escitalopram this around and it never helped, so I was on Lorazepam three years, still very poorly and he pulled me off...wd hell as just was not well for a start and my American bf left after not being able to get a visa the week my doctor took me off cold turkey of all things. Trying to get back on Citralopram but so scared as it makes me have such bad panic at first xxx