PDA

View Full Version : Heart condition or anxiety?

KJC1990
10-12-15, 13:55
You may have read my very long post related to my crippling fear of doctors and Iatrophobia.... It got so bad, panic attacks yesterday, I went to a doctor, albeit I would not let him near me, he just listened to my pulse, said it was fast due to panic but seemed fine and regular. Prescribed me diazepam and sent me on my way. I only have 5 pills and they are 5mg, don't have fantastic effects.

So I keep getting this insane tightness at the bottom of my ribcage. Not pain just like a band is hugging me very tight or that I have a belt around the bottom of my rib cage. My stomach muscles seem very contracted too. I feel like I've got a 6 pack in the last couple days.

Anyway I check my blood pressure all the time. I'm usually 110/65 and resting pulse of 65. I also check my oxygen saturation quite a bit and it's about 99%/98%... It was once 95% but my hands were cold at the time. If I'm having a panic attack my blood pressure does raise but never hypertensive.

I play a lot of sport but the last few days I've been afraid to because of this lower chest band around me.

I just checked my oxygen saturation and I was 99% and pulse of 80 (I'm anxious at the moment because of my heart worry) but I wear a Fitbit sports watch and my pulse is always 62/63 resting and at night whilst sleeping it's 55.

Anyway what is going on? Could I have decent vital signs yet have something drastically wrong with my heart?

So frightened

KJC1990
10-12-15, 22:38
Any advice?