PDA

View Full Version : Small dark shadow in vision from left eye

LoopyLoo
10-12-15, 17:44
Hey all,

Suffering here from what I hope is just my anxiety rearing its ugly head!

I had a big PA on Monday afternoon and since then have noticed a small dark shadow in my left eyes vision. I am trying my best to ignore it and hoping that it'll go away in a few days but I can't help but be frightened that it might be something more.

Has anyone else had the same, when will it go?

Thank you xxx

Sparkling_Fairy
10-12-15, 19:01
Could it be a floater? Does it move around when you move your eye?
Is it more noticeable if you look at a light background or are in a bright room?

jmd2005
11-12-15, 19:27
It could easily be a floater, which is a harmless "critter" that disappears when you forget about it. It is still there, but simply becomes unnoticed. It could be more.

You may need an eye exam to identify it. Most of these are floaters. It may have been there before, but you now just noticed it. It could be new too. A few years ago, I had a thread like floater appear. I don't notice it much anymore.

But accepting the opinion of someone who hasn't seen it is not best. Make an appointment with an eye doctor soon to give you comfort and identify it.

blondielady
13-12-15, 22:56
Do you get migraines at all? I've gotten them here and there throughout my life but have experienced visual symptoms only a handful of times. I actually have a shadow in the top corner of my left eye that started with some sparkles and flashes and then suddenly there was a shadow. I went to an ophthalmologist who did all kinds of tests immediately, as well as several follow ups for months after. He was unable to find the culprit and said that sometimes people get complicated migraines that leave behind things like that. Mine has actually slowly improved over the last year and I almost never notice it now. Definitely make an appointment with an eye doctor so you can rule everything out and put your mind at ease. I know when mine first started I had so much anxiety over it that I convinced myself it was a million terrible things. Now, like I said, I mostly don't notice it.