PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety and Depression

CoraB
10-12-15, 17:44
I feel like all this worrying about my health is getting me so depressed. I'm trying to carry on and I'm trying to think about things I look forward to but it's just taken over so much I feel like I might never get my life back. Today I felt so bad I thought "I must be dying that's why I feel this poorly".

I just don't want anything to do with Christmas I keep getting these thoughts it could be my last and I should enjoy it but I can't get excited or anything. I amongst cried trying to make a Christmas list for my hubby because I thought I just want to be well and feel well.

But sure how much longer I can carry on like this. I seem to be getting more and more symptoms and I feel like I'm going mad.

nicolad83
10-12-15, 18:36
Its a vicious circle i worry about every pain twinge have a good few days then i get a pain or i read somethink about someones illness and make myself worry...but what ive started to tell myself that's its my mind playing tricks it wants me to be worried it wants me to be scared.... So when i have a pain or feeling that somethings wrong with me i tell myself its just my anxiety and it makes things feel more than they are ...xx

CoraB
10-12-15, 20:56
Awww thanks nicolad83 :) I do try and tell myself its just anxiety but I just can't shake the feeling something is wrong. I'm also worried i'm going to be labelled as anxious and they aren't going to find out if there really is something because its all getting mixed up with anxiety symptoms.

I'm trying to keep going but honestly i feel like quitting my job, cutting off contact with everyone and just sit under the duvet crying. I feel like I am going mad and the more weird i feel the more poorly I am convinced I am. My Drs isn't for ages on the 21st and i'm just feeling like whatever happens I'm going to be waiting and worrying.

nicolad83
10-12-15, 21:03
I went through a phase where i didn't want to get out of bed i think i ran out of tears...then little by little it got a little bit better where i wasn't so scared...i still get bad days but not every day is a bad day it can get better honey xx

Sam Winter
10-12-15, 21:11
hi!
its certainly a vicious cycle i get days where i'm certain i'm dying even if i don't pain, i just get a sense of impending doom, and everytime i get a twinge in my side or swallow my medication i start to panic but, i guess what gets me going is is my good faith and belief, i know it'll get better and i'm so lucky to have people around me who support me, and i'm blessed to have the ability to enjoy the now rather then letting it ruin my christmas, i'm gonna have the best one i ever did because i've had 3 christmas's so far with my anxiety and i'm still here so it can't all be bad, instead of being sad when i think its my last christmas ever i get happy because if it was then it should be my best one ever, hence why i'm probably going crazy on the gifts for my parents lol anyway, what i'm trying to say is its a difficult thing but just remember you've dealt with it this far, you can get through, you're strong you just have to believe it, this is nothing more then a rude guest that refuses to leave in my book, and although its annoying and hard you can get through i believe you can, hope everything turns out okay hun sorry i couldn't be helpful xx:hugs: