PDA

View Full Version : has anyone on here got sciatica

lindadiana
10-12-15, 21:05
ive had panic attacks since I were 5 years old,but I had managed to cope in my own way lot of the time,but now ive got sciatica and the pain is terrible a lot of the time,i can barely walk,iand its making anxiety at an all time high with frequent panics i cant seem to find anyone to talk to about this sciatic problem with,if anyone on here has it or had it would like to hear from you thank you

CoraB
10-12-15, 21:08
I've been told I might have sciatica as i get pain in my lower back, hips and legs. Trouble is i am worried it is something more serious. Everyone I know who has sciatica only has it in one leg - what are your symptoms like?

venusbluejeans
10-12-15, 21:11
Hiya lindadiana and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lindadiana
10-12-15, 21:24
thanks for the reply,i started in april after decorating with a pain in my bum cheek,i just thought nothing of that and it didn't really bother me,but as the years gone on around mid june it was getting worse,harder to walk pain in lower back,pain in groin pins and needles shin pain like my bones are being eaten alive,its so depressing I have it in my right leg,but I do know you cant get it in both legs as well,ive asked for an mri but now im scared,thats why my anxiety has kicked in really bad thinking its a tumor,the physio said I have a bulging disc,i asked how she could possibly know and she said because your leaning to the left,and tumors don't present like my symtoms have,i get some days where towards the end of the day I feel like its gone,but as soon as I walk its agony,ive not been out now for 6 weeks,,how are you pains, what are they like,how long have you had them

vendetans
10-12-15, 22:52
Hey lindadiana, don't jump to conclusions, get this issue sorted first with your doctor.
Sciatica can be a pain in the *ss, but it's not that terrible.
How i got Sciatica pain, well i lifted 160 lbs of Deadlift for 4
repetitions and next week lifted 150 lbs of Squat for 5 repetitions.
Now you can judge the main cause of my pain.

I was diagnosed with L3-L4
and L4-L5 Bulging Disc but the disc cured naturally after few
months, but the pain on my right side of buttock was intolerable. I
have lived with this pain for last 2 years. I tried everything on me –
Muscle Imbalance Therapy, Inversion Therapy, Enzymes Supplement,
Heat and cold, physio therapy and many more, but nothing happened.

Then I obtained this book 2 weeks ago and
followed the treatment as it is stated in the book and u won’t believe
this, my sciatica pain was decreased to 70% in just few days. Go
through this treatment and see what happens: http://tinyurl.com/SciaticaHomeRemedy 
You will thank me later.

MyNameIsTerry
11-12-15, 06:12
Hey lindadiana, don't jump to conclusions, get this issue sorted first with your doctor.
Sciatica can be a pain in the *ss, but it's not that terrible.
How i got Sciatica pain, well i lifted 160 lbs of Deadlift for 4
repetitions and next week lifted 150 lbs of Squat for 5 repetitions.
Now you can judge the main cause of my pain.

I was diagnosed with L3-L4
and L4-L5 Bulging Disc but the disc cured naturally after few
months, but the pain on my right side of buttock was intolerable. I
have lived with this pain for last 2 years. I tried everything on me –
Muscle Imbalance Therapy, Inversion Therapy, Enzymes Supplement,
Heat and cold, physio therapy and many more, but nothing happened.

Then I obtained this book 2 weeks ago and
followed the treatment as it is stated in the book and u won’t believe
this, my sciatica pain was decreased to 70% in just few days. Go
through this treatment and see what happens: http://tinyurl.com/SciaticaHomeRemedy 
You will thank me later.

I notice your link is a different address to where it sends you so is that by any chance your referral landing page? I noticed that guy is selling a 7 day wonder cure and has an affiliate programme.

:spam::busted::nicked:

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Linda, what did the physio recommend to correct the bulging disc? I take it your GP referred you there for all the usual stretches they seem to show people? My dad went through all that and it didn't help him much but it did resolve itself with time and he just has it occasionally. At the point he went through to a physio his back just went at work (landscape gardener) and he was crawling around the house as he couldn't get up.

So, it can get better.

I've had sciatica now for about 18 months but it is a lot better than it was the first 6 months. It was rough the first 6 months or so and I would have difficulty sitting, standing, walking, stretching, etc. After that (and using a TENS machine daily) it seemed to ease up a bit and with keeping my daily walking going it seems to have greatly reduced on it's own.

I do also use transdermal magnesium and I have found this has helped reduce it further because at about 12 months it just stayed at a certain reduced level. Magnesium seems to have reduced it further and it definately helps with my joint issues (I suspect I have osteoarthritis or something vitamin D related as I have sleep patterns which mean I don't get much sunlight)

silver blaze
11-12-15, 09:30
I have had sciatica and it was very painful could hardly walk, had it for months before it gave up the ghost, found an hot bottle helped more than anything it went down the back of both legs sometimes and my feet used go numb when I walked

lindadiana
11-12-15, 09:49
thank you for your replies,how did you manage to keep walkng,i was up until 6 weeks ago,it seemed a bit better on the last day I went out but the next day it just went really bad,i too was crawling on my hands and knees,i cant stand up for more than a couple of minutes as I get really sharp pains in my shin,lower back and hip and thigh, plus the pins and needles, it feels like the bones being eaten, when the shin pain starts,but if I lie sideways it stops,after a while,at some points I feel like its gone,but then ill stand up and think omg,ive had conlicting advice from pysios,one said keep walking the last one said don't walk too far,ive read that you can cause permanent nerve damage if you strain it too much,im getting really scared by the pain feel like its never going to go away,so I can go out again,thanks again for everyones replies

MyNameIsTerry
19-12-15, 05:04
Mine wasn't as severe as yours. To be honest, it has always been worse in the house since I have to do a lot of moving around furniture. It's much easier when you can stride out.

For some time it bothered me in that it caused more anxiety or low mood but you do end up adapting to it, even though it still annoys you.

Sciatica does need some level of movement since sitting around can make it worse. You will also have to be careful with your posture right now, especially when sitting, as that will just make it worse or stop it getting better. Your physio should have given you some info on this. So, walking is fine as long as it's gentle, nothing too physical as it also needs to heal.

Have they tried anything to reduce inflammation?

Libra
31-01-16, 21:08
Im having another sciatic flare up at moment.. I had one few weeks ago that lasted only 3 days thankfully.. I tend to get right leg where thigh meets hip..Shin bone and sometimes foot.. Its like light pins needles, and hard to explain.. a heavy dragging feel ..Mainly when I stand or start walking around ..