PDA

View Full Version : Need reassurance i guess(sorry)

Sam Winter
10-12-15, 22:19
hey there so I've been having ups and downs lately but tonight is pretty bad,
I went up the doctors on Tuesday about my acid reflux and he prescribed me omeprazole to take for two weeks well, I have learnt how bad the extent of my anxiety is because I took my first dose this morning(swallowed the insides on a spoonful of water didn't work out the greatest I need to try some other way lol) and I can not get over the fact that it might cause an allergic reaction, I've had throat tightness all day(understandable as I usually get it especially seeing as it was hard to swallow my tablet because I was crying in fear) and now I'm worried I have a fever because I feel hot(especially my ears) and my stomach won't stop making loads of really loud noises,
and my problem is although there's a logical answer to all these feelings i can't seem to get them out my head and I am more then definitely scared about taking them tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'll get use to taking them or if I should continue taking them I don't know, eating has been easier today its just everything I'm feeling that I'm worried about tight throbbing throat, hot ears cheeks ect,
I just don't know anymore

Jherron
11-12-15, 05:49
You ears and checks are probably hot due to slightly high blood pressure due tI stress. Mine does the same thing when I'm nervous or mad. Even a shower usually sets my ears on fire for 30 minutes due to vessel dilation from the hot water. I also have trouble swallowing sometimes mainly when I over think it when I'm eating When I was a kid if I thought about taking medicine it would get stuck in my throat and cause panic. The worst thing that ever happened to me when taking a proton pump inhibitor was nausea and vomiting. I have horrible reflux and use Zantac. I also drink a glass of whole milk 45 minutes before bedtime. Seem to work if I time right. I think your anxious, I have had worse symptoms due to anxiety at least the Dr says it's anxiety. Heck if I know what's going with me though lol

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Mix the medicine with yogurt or ice cream if you have difficulty swallowing a pill. You could also hold your nose.

Sam Winter
11-12-15, 20:41
thanks very much i'm so sorry i get over worried sometimes and then i finally realize i was being silly the next day lol thanks for your answer and advice xx :D

Jherron
11-12-15, 23:46
I freak out over small stuff too, its okay. I for some reason always tend to isolate myself when I'm anxious. Kinda been a loner half of my life. Atleast you reach out to other people. I always tend to suffer quitely.

Sam Winter
12-12-15, 20:57
thanks for the help guys!
yeah I seem to isolate myself too but it can bad sometimes I literally swallowed a bit of chocolate wrong and it was at the back of my throat and burning as its orange chocolate and I convinced myself I was dying even after taking multiple sips of hot tea :doh:
I know if I told my family they'd be like oh grow up lol

Jherron
13-12-15, 04:14
Yeah man frickin chips get hung in my throat or scratch it one of the two. I'm talking about a bag of chips not fried taters lol. It was way worse before I had my tonsils removed. I have learned the more you think about swallowing the harder it is.