PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of complaining

Zestyz
10-12-15, 22:47
I think my colleagues at work and my husband are fed up of me complaining. I'm in some sort of pain everyday, from headaches stomach ache or back ache the list seems endless.
I'm waiting for an mri as I have a difference in the size of my pupils and headaches everyday. I'm not too anxious about this but I feel as though my colleagues make a joke when I tell them what my worries are or what's aching today. They don't get me, neither does my husband, though he does try.
Is it normal to feel pain everyday ?

Lifelonganxiety!
10-12-15, 23:24
Yes, I would say it's entirely normal to feel pain every day.

At any second, your body is going through millions of processes that provide feedback to your brain. Any slight pain is picked up on by you being sensitive to it, most people just block it out.

The inputs are always there, and are worse when you look for them.

ray.olsen
15-12-15, 15:54
Hey

If there is something wrong with you then it can be normal to feel pain everyday.

Don't let your colleagues get to you. They don't understand that's why they think it's a joke.

Just ignore them and just try not to complain to them because obviously they won't understand.

For your husband, it's a good thing that he is trying to understand, he should have more patience.

I hope the MRI results comes sooner so you can finally determine what's wrong with you.

Hang in there!

daisyflower
15-12-15, 18:20
I agree with lifelonganxiety, everyone gets pain every day. The brain does a full scan of the body all day long...thing is, if you are not anxious or concentrating on a certain body area, your subconscious blocks the pain out and doesn't report it back to your concious mind. Everyone gets minor pains all day long. Have you ever worried about a certain body part and then suddenly get so many pains there, day in and day out? It's because your body knows you are fearing something there and so legs you feel every single little twinge and pain.

My doctor said this to me recently, said we all get aches and pains every day, just that people with health anxiety are hypersensitive to any pain