PDA

View Full Version : My Road To Recovery Part 4

johnny1964
11-12-15, 11:56
I'm posting each week about my journey to recovery from extreme anxiety which lead in to depression when I had to take time away from work. Six weeks off work now and taking 40mg Citalaoptam daily. It's up and down, but I have made some gains. I am sleeping much better now, six hours a night compared with two or three. I haven't had any depression symptoms for nearly two weeks which is really good. Anxiety still the main issue. I keep putting myself out there and try to float through the symptoms, but it's not easy. Shopping, going to the library, the supermarket, my sons weekend sports activities. Some days, activities are better than others. I will keep going and hope for more gaines with time. Ten years ago I had the same issue and it took me four months to get back to normal. I'm not sure if I should be forcing myself to go to the places I find difficult every day taking it a bit easier than that. Anyone got any ideas?

jayb1
11-12-15, 12:35
Firstly congratulations you're doing really well. Try to resist the temptation to push yourself too hard to get back to "normal" quicker . I've got agoraphobia alongside the anxiety and I find that sometimes in my quest to beat it I'll do too much which ultimately leads to me increasing my anxiety(if that's possible) and end up having setbacks. Pick one thing that you're struggling with and keep doing that until you're comfortable with it then go onto the next. It may take more time but worth it in the long run.
Now if I could only follow my own advice!!!!

mezzaninedoor
14-12-15, 14:37
Congratulations. Its good to read about someones recovery.
Im really struggling with my ability to do my job through my phased return to work.
My Anxiety and Depression seem to have hold and my interlectual ability is very blunted.

Dont push yourself too much however, perhaps have it as a goal to over time expand the places you visit