PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety makes me feel like I am drunk?

Aleksandra
11-12-15, 16:09
Is it possible that anxiety makes me without balance all the time? I checked my heart and kidneys, they are fine... My bp is sometimes 140/90 but I wore a blood pressure monitor, and the doc said that my bp is ok... Then why do I feel like I am being drunk....

uru
11-12-15, 16:16
From the NHS

Physical symptoms of GAD
GAD can also have a number of physical symptoms, including:
dizziness
tiredness
a noticeably strong, fast or irregular heartbeat (palpitations)
muscle aches and tension
trembling or shaking
dry mouth
excessive sweating
shortness of breath
stomach ache
feeling sick
headache
pins and needles
difficulty falling or staying asleep (insomnia)

icingsugar
13-12-15, 01:10
Hi, I get this too. I feel like I'm going to fall over sometimes.

AFin26
13-12-15, 14:04
Its because Anxiety effects receptors in your brain and pulls an almost fog like thing over you. It therefore can cause you to feel drunk I guess

Haylee.a
13-12-15, 16:35
I wake up most days feeling like I'm suffering a heavy hangover!!! Anyone else??

Aleksandra
14-12-15, 09:16
My doctor says to walk outside,but maybe I need meds..

uru
14-12-15, 09:27
well I'm on meds and I felt very dizzy this morning. Almost like vertigo.

blondielady
14-12-15, 18:17
Do whatever you can to get enough sleep. If you are waking up at night at all, go to bed a little earlier so that if you wake up and fall back asleep, you can get at least the amount of hours that you need. Last year I struggled with feeling off balance a lot and just kind of spacey and generally anxious. I was also having trouble sleeping at night because I would lay down and feel like my center of gravity was off. I found out later I was low in potassium. Make sure you are eating enough fruits and veggies. The thing that seemed to help me was eating more bananas and drinking coconut milk, and making sure I got enough sleep at night even if it meant going to bed earlier or getting up later to make sure I got a full 8 hours.

mill6tee7
14-12-15, 19:06
Yep, I've felt like I've had one too many lol, nothing to worry about
think of it as a rollercoaster ride (I personally hate rollercoasters!).