PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else SSRI/SNRI resistant? How do you deal with panic disorder/OCD/ Hypochondri

Modestaustin811
11-12-15, 18:49
Hey everyone, hope you're well.

I've been dealing with anxiety for almost 10 years now, so quite sometime. It's waxed and waned, was really bad from 16 - 18, got better from 19 - 23. and from 23 - 25 (Now) it's been pretty consistently bad.

I've tried a lot of different medications since then. Most of the SSRI's and SNRI's. All of them are WAY to over stimulating for me. I get severe akathisia, just feel like I'm on a bad batch of MDMA whenever I take them. They just don't help my anxiety at all unfortunately :( .

(before you suggest it, I'm not bipolar, i've been working with a great psychiatrist, and a number of different psychologists, and what I'm experiencing from these drugs isn't mania).

I'm working with a new therapist and we're going to give intense CBT a try. Will this be able to help? I feel like even when i'm not anxious my body just overreacts to things. I'm very sensitive to any change in my body. I have compulsions of checking my blood pressure constantly / blood sugar / temperature. Kinda a mess on bad days lol.

Realllly envious of you who have taken SSRI's and gotten better. My anxiety started after a few bad trips on drugs gone bad, then started up again after I was abusing alcohol....

Had a bad sleep last night so sorry if none of this is making much sense, or is scattered.

Just wondering if it's truly possible to get over intense anxiety without drugs? I start a new internship in January, and I worry about how my body, and mind will be able to handle it. I take ativan as needed, and was prescribed propanol for when it gets bad as well.

Anyone else like me? OR was like me but got better?

Jherron
12-12-15, 05:35
I can't take antidepressants either as they make me very angry. Not only do they alter my peaceful personality they give me thoughts of hurting people. I never think that way normally as I am peaceful man. They make my anxiety worse and I'd rather deal with it myself. Although it's hard I know it will pass and there will be better days. Brother it is truly possible to get over anything with Jesus. Brother Jesus has set me free of 3 addictions. He helped me quit smoking, Caffeine, and opiate pain medication. Even though I'm still in the Strom I know a brighter day is a coming. Once I learn to accept that I'm truly healed I know my anxiety/depression will not have a hold on me anymore. I suffer but there are days my friend that are truly miracles. God bless you and may peace be with you.