PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!

Kendokiddy
11-12-15, 19:45
Hi all, came across this site after speaking with councillor today for the first time about anxiety issues. Having had a heart attack a year ago at the age of 38 ( and being fit and active it came as a surprise!), I have been fit and well since until 7 weeks ago I started having severe chest pain episodes resulting in multiple hospital admissions. Only after they ruled everything thing out with my heart did they suggest anxiety might be triggering it. Well, the chat with councillor couldn't have gone better, and was as if she could tell me all my symptoms without me having to say anything! Such a relief to finally have some diagnosis. I guess the hard work starts now?

venusbluejeans
11-12-15, 19:51
Hiya Kendokiddy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

almamatters
12-12-15, 15:52
Hi :welcome: to the forum.

uru
12-12-15, 16:26
Wow, you actually had a heart attack? You can give advice to people with HA who think they're having them ;)

Kendokiddy
14-12-15, 20:49
Wow, you actually had a heart attack? You can give advice to people with HA who think they're having them ;)

Yep, can certainly speak from experience on that count! The anxiety I think is from thinking it may happen again, even though they have just done an angiogram and everything is fine. Was back to pretty much full fitness after a few weeks and been fine all year until I started having these episodes a couple of month ago. Never realised how debilitating anxiety could be, worse than the heart attack! And thanks for the welcome every one