PDA

View Full Version : In a panic again.. appendicitis

Njoy704
11-12-15, 20:06
I've been getting right groin pain and lower right sided pain on and off. I was in ER a month ago for another problem where they had to take a CT SCAN of my abdomen and pelvic no contrast and it said my appendix was normal. I don't want to go back because I don't want another CT scan... it's so much radiation. Can I just assume it's not my appendix because the CT scan a month ago already said it looked fine? Will an ultrasound show appendix? Anyone here have had an ultrasound of appendix?? Is it a pelvic uktrasound or an abdominal ultrasound that shows it?

Sam Winter
11-12-15, 20:34
hey hun x
i was recently in an appendicitis frenzy and still currently am sometimes, i've had it since september last year and i recently got sent up to the er about it, i do know that an ultrasound will possibly be done over the appendix as thats where they wanted to do mine, as for going to the er i'd say if its the same pain maybe leave it and if it gets worse or you can't phsically take it anymore then get it checked out but i doubt it because i've had pain for months and still ain't changed, hope everything turns out okay xx:hugs:

Njoy704
11-12-15, 20:55
Hi,

If you mean YOUR left side (as in, when you look down on your abdomen) then it is not appendix. Appendix pain starts around the tummy button and then moves over to the lower right side of the abdomen.

If they said your appendix was fine, this all figures.

Left groin/lower left side pain could be many things, including just plain old gas, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, even ovarian cysts, and lots of other things too.

Ah, sorry... I meant right. Right groin and lower right

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

hey hun x
i was recently in an appendicitis frenzy and still currently am sometimes, i've had it since september last year and i recently got sent up to the er about it, i do know that an ultrasound will possibly be done over the appendix as thats where they wanted to do mine, as for going to the er i'd say if its the same pain maybe leave it and if it gets worse or you can't phsically take it anymore then get it checked out but i doubt it because i've had pain for months and still ain't changed, hope everything turns out okay xx:hugs:

Did they end up doing an ultrasound? How did they rule out appendicitis for you?

AFin26
12-12-15, 14:34
I've had Appendicitus.

Let me assure you and reassure you, that if there was an issue with your Appendix and simple doctor palpating the area would be enough to diagnose it. Its SEVERE pain. It makes you very unwell and the pain is like being stabbed with a red hot sword.

The pain isn't on and off, its constant and gets worse. In the end you end up being highly Feverish and vomiting.

So my best advice is relax and don't worry about it :)

Sometimes we have pains we can't explain but trust your healthcare professionals!

Njoy704
13-12-15, 00:10
I've had Appendicitus.

Let me assure you and reassure you, that if there was an issue with your Appendix and simple doctor palpating the area would be enough to diagnose it. Its SEVERE pain. It makes you very unwell and the pain is like being stabbed with a red hot sword.

The pain isn't on and off, its constant and gets worse. In the end you end up being highly Feverish and vomiting.

So my best advice is relax and don't worry about it :)

Sometimes we have pains we can't explain but trust your healthcare professionals!

Thank you so much for posting a reply. That helped a lot. Really gives me anxiety when I read experiences from people who only had moderate pain and it ended up having appendicitis. That's the worse on my anxiety. Can I ask if your pain was very low... like almost in the pelvic region? And did it really start in your belly button area like they say it does?

AFin26
13-12-15, 14:02
You can ask what you want but it won't help you feel any less anxious. Trust me, if you had issues with your appendix you wouldn't be sitting on a computer asking the internet.

:)

Sam Winter
15-12-15, 22:58
they ended up going blood tests and urine samples they didn't do a ultrasound because they was certain I didn't have it but just wanted to make sure