PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Just coughed up blood D:

daphnem
11-12-15, 21:06
I haven't been on here in quite a while because lately I seem to have been okay in terms of my HA.
However, literally a couple of minutes ago I was crying- not feeling great already- and so my nose got all runny and snotty (gross) as it does when you cry. However, when I coughed up the mucus it was very bloody. I'm now crying more and I'm shaking and I'm absolutely petrified. I'm very prone to nosebleeds, and I get them every now and then and after having them I do seem to be quite delicate nasally and stuff- I had one a week or so ago so I'm really really just hoping it's related to that. I'm only 16. I'm so scared. I don't know what to do! I don't want to go tell my parents because my dad will probably make a big deal of it. I feel more mucus there but i'm too scared to cough it up. Am I okay? Please help :-( Just tell me I'm going to be fine...

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

And now i've gone and read the WebMD page for coughing up blood. And now I'm even more scared.

uru
11-12-15, 22:11
Your 16 so you're probably gonna be fine.

Is there anything else going on in your life right now which is stressful?

Lifelonganxiety!
11-12-15, 22:28
You'll be fine. I've coughed up blood a few times. Most of the time it's either irritation in the throat or even more probably blood that ran down your nose into your throat.

That happens more often when it gets cold and the membranes in your nose get dry and bleed a little.

Keep an eye on it, if you cough up blood or lots of it for a few days then most definitely get it checked but right now I wouldn't worry at all!

AFin26
12-12-15, 14:38
Coughing up blood can be something as simple as you ruptured a blood vessel in your nose. It happens when you are crying and your nose is running.

Try not to worry, if its an isolated incident then its nothing to worry about!

DO NOT GOOGLE