PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety disorder

Haylee.a
12-12-15, 16:20
Hey guys and gals!!! Just wanted to put my experience across! I've always been a nervous child (followed my mum to the toilet and screamed if she shut the door me being on the outside!) in the dark ise cling to my dad and hold his hand......... Experienced my first panic attack when I was 14 years old(grandad died then nan) got on with life -and had bouts of panic in between....... When I was 19 I fell pregnant with my first baby and 3 months after having him suffered severe depression, refused to go on medication so went to see a counsellor but didn't help...... didnt get any better so decided to go on 10 mg citalopram they were a god send...... I fell pregnant so doctors took me off of them.... Had a bad pregnancy but was fine after I had him ( had a bad relationship at the time) eventually split up with the father of my children and moved on with my life with my children and felt good! But for some reason went back to the citaloptam again...... I met the love of my life and fell pregnant (was a shock as didn't want anymore children) but decided to keep the baby! Turns out a girl!!!! (Already had 2 boys) so of course my little family was complete!!! My partner had some crappy news whilst o was pregnant (can't go into detail) and I had to move out of a damp flat and ended up moving into my parents all cramped up whilst waiting a whole year for the council to house is! (Was a tough time) ever since we've not been through a great time but pulled through everything life throws at us! ...... My daughter is now 2 and a half and recently I started feeling tired and kept having heart palpitations , headaches etc....... Had a full blood count done to find I'm aneimic , also had my smear test which the results came back severe dtskarisois !!!! (Pre cancerous cells) that was it I went into a melt down I thought my life was over I was convinced I had cervical cancer! This was roughly 5 weeks ago!! I went straight on antidepressants! Citalopram 10mg! Well my god the side effects were awful! I was convinced I had blood poisonening because I was shaking non stop felt sick, had pulses in my stomach constantly so of course I googled my symptoms and it came up something about stomach aneurysms (omg I freaked) so went to A & E!!!! They checked my temp and blood pressure etc and said o was fine......... Anyway whilst waiting for my colposcopy appointment for my abnormal cells to be burned away use freak out over something new everyday! One day I thought I had lukemia I was convinced, then I thought I had breast cancer then I thought I had skin cancer, then blood disorder again..... Literally non stop every day, back and forth to the doctors to be checked out....... Couple of days ago I checked my mole and one of them felt raised so I googled that then went doctors she's checked it and said it looked ok then asked how I was , I told her I'm constantly obsessing over my body thinking I've got a terminal illness so she's now upped my cutalopram from 10mg to 20mg! Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo obsessing over things like veins sticking out and headaches and weight loss????? That's another thing I was 9 stone 5'4 and in 5 weeks I've dropped nearly a stone which scared the life out of me!!!!! Would love to hear from
People xx

venusbluejeans
12-12-15, 16:33
Hiya Haylee.a and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jherron
13-12-15, 04:41
oops.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Well I typed a long reply but I guess was not meant to be. It got lost somehow. Anyhow many people have been in the health worry ordeal. I have lost weight because of stress too. I went from 180lbs down to 135 in 3 months. Find something to do that enages your mind and body that you enjoy. Try some iron rich foods and focus on you nutrition. Believe me when I tell you, Jesus can deliver you from the affliction. He has set me free of so much and it's just getting started. Hold your head up sister for your healing is coming.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

2 Timothy 1:7King James Version (KJV)

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Kibbins
13-12-15, 21:16
No your not the only weirdo....and your not suffering alone.