PDA

View Full Version : Please help brain Tumor

ant12
12-12-15, 18:36
Hi thank you for looking at my post sorry but long winded would appreciate some help 😞 27 year old male

I am absolutely feeling scared to say the leaset

Cut a long story short I was having hot flushes. Went down the road of carcinoid also known as neuroendocrine cancer. After a barrage of tests including the pet scan it was clear for that type of cancer.

I received the letter to say all was clear with the bloods and the scan etc but they noticed on my scan a incidental finding of my fourth ventricle in my brain enlarged. But stated of why of no known senificant why it was enlarged.

So because of this finding they said on the letter for my GP to send me to a neurologist for this finding but it did not say urgent.

So the dr go confirmed they would book me the appointment to see the neurologist

So after a wait of 3 months approx I see the neurologist ( was last week Tuesday)

Spent a hour with me doing all reflex test asking me if I get headaches etc etc.
So after all this he said can't see anything wrong but it is unusual to have the fourth ventricle enlarged and none of the other are enlarged. He said the pet scan is not the most clear to see what's going on. So I need a MRI of the head.

So when I left the office I thought it was going to be standard wait as he didn't think it was anything to worry about. Received a letter Thursday this week for a emergency MRI slot as I called the reception of radiology to find out if this was a cancellation. Had the MRI on Friday

I am so panic do I have a brain Tumor as I do feel dizzy and do get migraines in the morning sometime not all the time scared out of my head.

Kibbins
12-12-15, 19:03
HA is a pig.

I'm waiting for tests at the moment, so I try living in the day, I try to just focus on the right now, distract myself with something right now. I find long walks help, listening to music at the same time.

Also try to find things to feel grateful for, warm home, food, time with children. The day will arrive for results but it's not here yet. Hope you feel better soon.

ant12
12-12-15, 19:36
Thank you Kibbuns

The thing that worries me the most is that the appoint was booked as urgent. But I am NHS employee and the dr who I saw feel sorry for me as I have had so many test done.
I can only think he booked me an emergency slot as I work for the NHS