PDA

View Full Version : Please help sudden attack of pain

MissSunshine
12-12-15, 19:19
I've just had what can only described as an unbareable cramp go through the left side of my body.. My arm hurt my left rib cage hurt it hurt my chest and shoulder blade and tummy and back/kidney area
I could hardly walk I quickly took some paracetamol and asked my partner for a massage which helped
And now I keep letting off and burping all of a Sudden
The pain I'm getting now is just in my left shoulder blade it's a sharp pain
I've been having knots in my shoulders a lot recently but this is horrible

It's hard to believe it's trapped wind and I don't know why but it seems worse now I have a heavy period...

This has happened a few times but this time I couldn't bare it the doctors never seem worried and just say it's trapped wind but how could it hurt so bad...
I'd give it a 9/10 and I've had kids!
Any advise on how to relive this pain and if you've had it too I'm so scared right now x

uru
12-12-15, 21:38
The Drs said it was trapped wind?

Could it be gallstones?

daisyflower
12-12-15, 22:04
I had something similar this morning. Woke up with awful tummy pains, started right between my ribs, above my belly button and spread up under my right breast and into my back and shoulder and even arm pit. So painful and I too have had kids and kidney stones.
I took rennies and sipped hot water and had a hot bath and it eased it. Trapped wind can really hurt

Kibbins
12-12-15, 22:09
Could you be pregnant?

uru
12-12-15, 22:23
Relevant http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/1735988-Can-trapped-wind-really-be-this-sore

MissSunshine
12-12-15, 23:17
I've been to the doctors about gallstones a couple of months back and they assured me I do not however me having health anxiety I'm not convinced and it's always on my mind and scares me that I have!

I took 4 pregnancy tests all negative my period was 2 weeks late I've been on since yesterday and quite heavy.

A little update I do think it's wind as My tummy is very bubbly and I can hear pops and as I lay down and put my legs up I pass wind. Sorry again.
Also I keep burping and I have hiccups so I'm guessing trapped wind but does this mean something's wrong all of a sudden I'm getting terrible trapped wind and heartburn I'm scared its a symptom of something major but daren't google it. The pain starts in my tummy then radiates to my breast bone and shoulder and it's quite scary!

Thank you all will read the link now x

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

I had something similar this morning. Woke up with awful tummy pains, started right between my ribs, above my belly button and spread up under my right breast and into my back and shoulder and even arm pit. So painful and I too have had kids and kidney stones.
I took rennies and sipped hot water and had a hot bath and it eased it. Trapped wind can really hurt

This is exactly what I had!! :( I couldn't walk because of the pain. Do you know why it happens? I'm scared of it happening again.

Fishmanpa
12-12-15, 23:39
A little update I do think it's wind as My tummy is very bubbly and I can hear pops and as I lay down and put my legs up I pass wind.

What a visual! :roflmao: Just don't do that near an open flame!

Positive thoughts

Haylee.a
13-12-15, 00:04
People have been to hospital because they've thought they are having a heart attack before but turns out trapped wind!!! Hence the name "trapped" it's trying to escape but can't!!! It's awful! When I was pregnant I would get bad trapped wind to the extent I was doubled over in pain trying to get into all different positions to try to release it and even then it wouldn't always go!!!