PDA

View Full Version : Heavy all over feeling. Panic?

Bonnibelle
12-12-15, 21:49
I've been struggling with anxiety recently due to a very stressful time..I don't usually have panic attacks but I've had 3 in 3 months.

Recently I've been having dizziness suddenly that feels like the ground is moving when I walk. My gp tells me I am fine and it's anxiety. I'm carrying on as best I can, get anxious walking about and it has flared my agoraphobia up alot. I'm not dizzy in my head it's more the ground swaying as I walk and I feel unsteady.

I have the floor moving feeling all day but randomly I suddenly feel very heavy from head to toe, throat goes heavy and I feel the floor moving worse than usual. It's like a sudden funny turn where go like lead and I will fall through the floor. It panics me. It's like when you get off a trampoline and you feel so unsteady like ground is bouncing and you feel heavy all over. Is that panic? I down get this often but I had it tonight and I panicked what it was which made me worry more I am ill 😢My husband said it sounds like an anxiety or panic attack. Can anyone relate?

uru
14-12-15, 13:42
I was very dizzy on the way to work this morning.

Elen
14-12-15, 14:25
Hi

Please have a look at this post as it may relieve some of your fears.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=177484

Bonnibelle
14-12-15, 22:33
Thank you Ellen.

It really scares me. I have it again tonight. I just suddenly feel so heavy in my throat and body. It's mainly my throat and chest suddenly feel like lead and with it I feel more off balance when I walk. Even lying still I can feel this so it worries me.

jadedreams
15-12-15, 16:38
Hi there, I have had the heavy feeling with panic attacks. Suddenly my body, especially my chest will feel like it weighs a ton and that I'm going to fall down or faint. It's almost like the feeling when you get out of a swimming pool and you feel like you weight 3 times as much as you did before going in.

It's a terrible feeling, but it has always passed for me once I was able to calm down. Hope that helps you.

ana
15-12-15, 16:49
Hi there,
I've had that feeling of heaviness happen to me before. Usually, I'd feel my legs and arms getting heavy, and then I'd get so scared I'd start to panic. What reassured me that these sensation were anxiety was the fact that I'd never get the feeling of heaviness while relaxed, only when tense/stressed/anxious.

xx

Bonnibelle
15-12-15, 22:26
Yes jade that's exactly it! Sometimes just in my throat or all over. Like a lead weight but you just described it perfectlying.

Thank you.

Hi there, I have had the heavy feeling with panic attacks. Suddenly my body, especially my chest will feel like it weighs a ton and that I'm going to fall down or faint. It's almost like the feeling when you get out of a swimming pool and you feel like you weight 3 times as much as you did before going in.

It's a terrible feeling, but it has always passed for me once I was able to calm down. Hope that helps you.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Thank you Ana. It helps to know I'm not alone.

Hi there,
I've had that feeling of heaviness happen to me before. Usually, I'd feel my legs and arms getting heavy, and then I'd get so scared I'd start to panic. What reassured me that these sensation were anxiety was the fact that I'd never get the feeling of heaviness while relaxed, only when tense/stressed/anxious.

xx

ana
16-12-15, 19:39
You're definitely not alone! :)