PDA

View Full Version : emotional detatchment - any treatment??

xxminniexx
13-12-15, 17:28
I have posted a few times on here about various things, I have fairly severe anxiety about health etc and since I was a child have had some components of OCD... I have always been an emotional person but after having my little girl have felt emotionally cut off. We had a traumatic labour and birth both of us and I had no partner etc. I love her and I know I do but for a few months after found it very hard to enjoy her..... I am starting to learn this more after almost two years now which is nice. But in lots of ways I still feel very emotionally cut off from people. I have had a few dysfunctional relationships and find it extremely hard to trust men, which leaves me in a relationship with someone I dont trust and cant emotionally connect with fully. I sometimes find it hard to find genuine sympathy for people which I know sounds awful and its not who I am at all. I forget things a lot, I can not cry any more. I have cried once in the past two years. I just feel like I dont feel any emotions fully they are all dulled. I dont know if my anxiety has caused this because it has been sky high for two years straight since becoming a parent. Is there any way I can reverse this and go back to my normal self? I am sick of it honestly. I want to feel present and in the moment again

uru
13-12-15, 22:04
Have you considered counselling?

Looking at some website sites it seems you're experiencing something quite normal:

One of the truly awful feelings you experience during postpartum depression or anxiety is that sense of disconnection from the world, from your friends and family, from your baby, and most of all, from yourself. I felt so deeply, deeply alone.
http://www.postpartumprogress.com/profoundly-alone-the-disconnection-of-postpartum-depression