PDA

View Full Version : Cold sore? Worrying a lot :S

channie009
13-12-15, 22:17
I haven't been on this site in so long.. lol

Fyi i've never had a cold sore before..

Anyway..
For about 6 years or so i've had this lump in my lip and its never bothered me before. I randomly started pressing on it one day to examine it and by the end of the night, it was itching and burning real bad.

The next day it swelled and I thought it had something to do with the lump, like I aggrivated it. Within the next couple of days, little white spots appeared on it like yellow heads and for a week I kept bursting it, trying to get rid of it thinking it was a yellow head. I'd take away any scabbing, thinking it was dry pus or whatever.

On Wednesday i'm coming up to my 3rd week of having this thing on my lip. It's not swollen anymore but its red around and the white dots have turned into one big white/yellow like spot. It keeps leaking.

My dad said it was a cold sore so we've bought this bonjela cold sore cream..

What i'm worried about is the fact i've had it for a while (untreated mind you) and i'm wondering if its normal?
Also will it go away?
Does it seem like a cold sore?

uru
13-12-15, 22:34
Cold sore for 3 weeks?

7-10 days according to NHS. THats without treatment.

Is it on your lip? If it's on your lip it's hard to think what else it could be. Around 1/3 of people have the virus for it but show no symptoms. Stress or damage to the area could cause them to come.

Maybe post a pic?

channie009
13-12-15, 22:48
It's too dark and late in the night to take a picture of it..

I was pressing at the lump in my lip for a long time which led to this coming up.. also i've known people who've went 2 weeks and over with coldsores so...

Not to mention that i've been messing with the healing process without knowing..

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Cold sore for 3 weeks?

7-10 days according to NHS. THats without treatment.

Is it on your lip? If it's on your lip it's hard to think what else it could be. Around 1/3 of people have the virus for it but show no symptoms. Stress or damage to the area could cause them to come.

Maybe post a pic?

Sorry I forgot to quote you in the other post
Heres the best picture I can do

http://tinypic.com/r/29vxa9z/9