PDA

View Full Version : Mole

Haylee.a
13-12-15, 22:42
Sorry to keep posting on here but it's better than googling!!! I've had a flat mole on the side of my face only small, for years! Noticed last week it's now raised! Went doctors Friday to have it checked ( she knows I suffer anxiety disorder and that recently had abnormal cervical cells removed (still awaiting biopsy result) so me being me am convinced I have cancer spreAd all over my body!!!! Anyway she looked at this newly raised mole and said it looks fine just keep an eye out for itching or soreness redness change in shape....... That was Friday and I'm still obsessing over this mole! Keep touching it! Etc.... Now convinced it's spread (as I've read if moles turn to cancer and go untreated and spread inside your body!!!!!! So now I'm convinced!!!! Help?!!!!!

Haylee.a
14-12-15, 11:29
Any one else,?,

snowflake293
14-12-15, 11:41
I totally understand how you feel and I want to help put your mind at ease. I have had countless weird/raised/bumpy moles over the last few years. Dr has looked at all of them, and they are all ok!

I have a largish blotchy one on my arm and sometimes it raises then flattens again.

I know how worried you are but drs take no chances when it comes to dodgy moles so if your dr was worried they would have referred you.

Hope this helps xx

Haylee.a
14-12-15, 14:21
Thank you Hun it's really been playing on my mind big time!!!! It's only small and always been perfect shaped and flat! Then recently it felt lumpy and raised! When she checked it I came away thinking but it's changed and could indicate meloma? And what if it changed again and it's too late, thank you I hope I can get over it before my next body obsession starts!!! X

snowflake293
14-12-15, 15:24
I totally understand. My HA is much better than it used to be. Not sure if you are having any help off your doctor but I had CBT and psychodynamic therapy (got 1 session left) and its helped loads. I am also on 150mg Sertraline.

You will get through this. HA is so exhausting. Like you I used to hop from one 'illness' or fear to another. I was in such a state and I never thought I'd get over it all but I am getting better :)

Try not to focus too much on your moles. If it helps I have literally hundreds! I am pale skinned and have been sunburned badly before so I do worry - some of my moles are very uneven and dark too which used to worry me but I've had them checked.

Learning to trust what your GP says will help and try not to Google stuff (I know its hard)

I am worried at the moment over a sore throat! I am convinced it is something sinister :(

Haylee.a
14-12-15, 17:16
Arhhh what are we like lol need our heads banging together!!! It's just so hard not to focus on something that feels like something major to us!!! And Google is definitely a bugger for worrying the life out of us!!!! Google is my own worst enemy and I've slowed down on googling but sometimes if I need a quick fix I find myself googling again and panicking lol!!!! Love this site though and love knowing there's people out there just like me!!! I'm sure your sore throat is nothing Hun there's so much going around ATM I'm surprised we haven't had the dreaded sickness bug and thought we were dying of swine flu or something alone those lines!!! Sorry I've got to humour myself about it :D

Anxietysufferer92
15-12-15, 08:14
It feels so good to come on here and relate to somebody else! I have had health anxiety for number of years and my latest cocern is also a mole that looks a bit funny! I have also got a scaly patch on my leg that I think is cancer! I am seeing a dermatologist today privately and see what they say and I am petrified my hands are shaking as I write this message out. My period is late as well which is not related to pregnancy but I think now that the cancer has spread in my body and into my ovaries.... I have no doubt that as soon as the dermatologist gives me the all clear I will come on! HA is a debilitating illness it affects my life so much... Its horrific :(

Hopefulmi
15-12-15, 08:17
I've had this fear and it was nothing, I promise, similar problems with my mole. I had them checked out and were fine. My step-dad had what looked like a text book melanoma and even his wasn't. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck today Anxietysufferer x

Anxietysufferer92
15-12-15, 09:23
I've had this fear and it was nothing, I promise, similar problems with my mole. I had them checked out and were fine. My step-dad had what looked like a text book melanoma and even his wasn't. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck today Anxietysufferer x

Thank you so much. I must admit that did calm me down a bit! I think pictures of melanoma are helpful but like you said sometimes moles can look exactly like that and not be harmful at the same time. Thanks I am so scared though x

Haylee.a
15-12-15, 12:26
It is so warming knowing we're not alone!!! Please let us know how it goes!!! I'm
Sure you'll be fine and your being looked at by a professional which is brill!!! Show them anything on your skin your concerned with!!! Mine was only checked by my gp so days later I'm still freaking over mine and keep touching it hoping it's just a pimple on my mole :weep::weep: lol let us know how it goes x

Anxietysufferer92
15-12-15, 20:59
Thanks guys! Well i went, dermatologist said all my moles look fine and the patch I have on my leg is Psoriasis so I have been given prescription for steroids and cream and having my annoying mole removed in Jan! I am still a bit paranoid... But I really need to calm down now. X

Jaysky
27-12-15, 19:02
I'm having the exact same thing at the moment Hun I'm convinced :( I don't even know if mine has been there since day one or not it's very small but I can't seem to focus on anything but that at the moment it's round but dark and a few mm across very slightly raised am absolutely petrified xx