PDA

View Full Version : Bird poop fear

laurenmk
14-12-15, 00:37
I posted a little earlier about seeing a fuzz in my hair out of the corner of my eye while at the store. When I grabbed it, it ended up being what I thought was snot. I couldn't understand how that would have gotten there and was worried it was from someone else. It was suggested that it was probably bird poop. Now, I'm not convinced it was since it was only about the size of my pinkie fingernail (seems like too small of an amount) and was very much the color/consistency of snot. I also didn't see any traces of anything else in my hair when I got home, and couldn't find anything on my shoulder or jacket.

BUT

Now I'm obsessed with worry that it was in fact bird poop and it got in my eye/mouth, was inhaled, etc., or spread to those areas from when I touched it with my hand before I could wash it.

I have read probably no fewer than 70 stories online (literally) about people getting pooped on by birds as a way of reassuring myself, but as you can all imagine, it is NOT helping.

I feel contaminated. My breathing feels funny. I just can't shake it?

Any words of wisdom from the HA community?

Thank you!

uru
14-12-15, 13:43
you'd know if you'd been pooped on. ;)

daisyflower
14-12-15, 14:13
You'd know if poo went in your mouth. Even if it did, you probably wouldn't get ill. I've been pooped on by a bird a few times. Think how many times toddlers have been playing outside and eaten crusty old bird poo. You will be fine

Kibbins
14-12-15, 21:44
My son has used to eat fistfuls of Earth, put slugs in his mouth, you name it. My sister put her own poo in her mouth at 1 year old, she 34 now, and a lawyer...ha ha maybe that's why.

You are totally fine.

Lifelonganxiety!
14-12-15, 22:34
Have you seen the video of Ashley Young (Manchester United) playing and a bird poops directly in his mouth.

It's both A - amusing, and B - reassuring that it won't cause any adverse effects. That's even assuming you were even slightly in contact with it.