PDA

View Full Version : My brain is doing it to me again...

KayeS
14-12-15, 21:41
A month or so ago I was in a full blown panic relating to Coccyx pain I was experiencing. Surprise, surprise, it has gone away now (it's still there a LITTLE bit every now and then but I'm no longer worried). I thankfully managed to hold off paying £300+ for an MRI scan due to my spinal tumour worries.

Now recently I am being irrational again. I've had a pain in my middle back now for a week or so. Middle of the spine, and to the right. It hurts there when I breathe in and also I sometimes feel a clicking sensation there when I breathe in as well. I guess I still have some residual anxiety over spinal tumours from when I had the Coccyx pain, and although I am not currently PANICKING about this, it's there in the back of my mind.

Thankfully I have my first CBT session on Wednesday...

Lifelonganxiety!
15-12-15, 00:36
Good luck with the CBT - I think it might really help you in the long run.

If it means anything to you, I get pains all over. Lately they've mostly been in my shins and fingers. But for the past year I've had pain in my right groin and just under my right rib. My rib also clicks and pops and I get back pains a lot too.

My posture is terrible and I'm not the healthiest of people. A lot of the pains I put down to that and aging. I think these are all perfectly normal sensations, or indeed you may have injured yourself without knowing! But I don't think this is anything serious for either of us.

KayeS
15-12-15, 01:01
Thanks for the reply. I know... I'm almost certain I've had this pain before, and it's gone away before... it's amazing how a pain can completely transform once it has anxiety attached to it. It makes it a completely different sensation almost. I've just taken a pain killer and am going to attempt to sleep... I really hope the CBT works. I'm so tired of thinking I'm dying with every tiny bodily sensation.

ray.olsen
15-12-15, 16:19
Hey KayeS

That's the spirit. Just believe in your treatments. If you need assurance have it checked once more. And if you're cleared then just proceed with your anxiety therapy.

Trust your doctors and have faith on the treatment process it will definitely make the recovery work faster. Learn meditation. I find it really helpful in setting my mind and fixing irrational fears.