PDA

View Full Version : Little update. Go came to see me again.

Bonnibelle
14-12-15, 21:43
My gp came out to see me again today, he did all the same tests as 3 weeks ago if not a few more. Bp sitting and bp standing. Both fine. Oh he didn't look in my eyes this visit Britain he did 3 weeks ago and they were ok. He did finger touching nose test. Stood me up and watched me walk. Ran fingers down arms and legs. Rubbed keys twice under my feet. I had to squeeze fingers, push hands, push legs against him. Oxygen was 99.1% was 100% last time. He did knee reflexes and both reacted. He said nothing serious he said both ears fine but he's putting me stemitel to see if it helps incase it's inner ear but he's sure it's all anxiety and recent stress. He said it should settle on its own though and he thinks it's still been from stress but possibly ear even though looking therre were no signs of it.

So he tried to put my mind at ease about anything serious feeling these off balance feelings. I told him it feels like I've just got off a trampoline when I walk. Like the ground is unsteady and I feel the ground moving under me. I've no spinning in my head or objects moving. My head can feel woozy at times when I'm walking but it's mainly a feeling I will fall through the floor or topple over. It's scaring me so much the longer I have it. It's making me feel low and anxious. I can't go out right now.

He ran bloods. Thyroid, fbc ferritin and cholesterol. Just to put my mind at rest. He said he's sure I am fine. I told him I'm scared stiff it's a brain tumour but he said I am ok

It been 3 weeks and I am so afraid I get scared walling around my house. Every time I do I feel heavy all over and like the ground is moving and feel inside my head I am swaying.

How can I accept this and carry on as normal? It's terrifying me and so very real. I've had anxiety years and never had this. I've never had vertigo either. He's said to try the stemetil but I hate new meds so I am afraid on start them. Arghh.

Thanks for your continued support through this. I'm so upset right now it's almost Christmas and I feel I am unable to feel excited or get in the spirit because of this��

B x

Movielife
14-12-15, 21:51
I think I've always been anxious but it's only the past 6 months I've struggled :(

Sometimes it's just your body hitting its limit :(

uru
14-12-15, 23:16
I feel for you. It's hard to get out of the mental loop of HA.

Bonnibelle
15-12-15, 08:19
Thank you Urusainaa

I think I am in a horrible cycle but I am also feeling very real symptoms so it's hard.

pulisa
15-12-15, 08:24
Unfortunately HA does involve real symptoms and that is the hard part. You are lucky to have a GP who is prepared to visit you at home so this is a real bonus that you have someone who cares enough to do this.

I don't think you'll be convinced until you have a brain scan though because the brain tumour fear is clouding everything else?

Bonnibelle
15-12-15, 08:48
I did ask and he said there was no need. You know what the NHS is like, I'd have to go private which I can't afford.

I don't usually worry about my health, I had health anxiety over 10 years ago but I haven't suffered since and been ok. Then this dizziness began and it's started. I said to my husband if the dizziness wasn't there I wouldn't be worried about my health because my anxiety doesn't focus on that. My anxiety the last few years has been intrusive thoughts and agoraphobia. I had overcome alot of it using CBT so this is very strange. I swear it's just this physical symptom scaring me and I don't think this will pass until the dizziness does. It's not your usual light headed woozy feeling you get with anxiety it's full on and like the ground moves, like I will topple over and like I can't walk around without someone holding me. Yet I am not falling over or wobbling. It's very real like the ground is bobbing up and down as I walk.

pulisa
15-12-15, 09:00
I'd give the stemetil a try then . My father had Meniere's and it helped tremendously with his vertigo. Do you have any ringing in your ears?

Bonnibelle
15-12-15, 09:16
No ringing in my ears no and my gp said my ears are fine.

I'd give the stemetil a try then . My father had Meniere's and it helped tremendously with his vertigo. Do you have any ringing in your ears?