PDA

View Full Version : MORE worrisome symptoms

mattriv
15-12-15, 23:44
I'm really worried about my health right now.

So, I need someone to clarify this for me: there are two lumps/glands about the size of a quarter, one on both sides of the neck. They are on the sides of the neck, right below/within the jaw. They sit in the jaw when my head is level and right below the jaw when I stretch my neck or lean my head back. They are painless, and larger than a lymph node. Are these swollen lymph nodes or simply a normal salivary gland?

Also, my throat and windpipe feels scratchy and it looks like one tonsil is swollen in the back of my throat. Is this related to the glands on my neck? If those glands are just salivary glands, should I be worried about this swollen tonsil(or tonsil-looking thing)?

uru
16-12-15, 04:42
Sounds like you have a cold, or an infection.

mattriv
17-12-15, 21:34
Are the lumps normal? they are large and painless. I also don't feel that sick.

Soosoo
17-12-15, 22:35
Hey, I have a very similar problem right now. My neck is full of symmetrical lumps. I've read that lymph nodes are normally the size of a pea and swelling of lymph nodes is most likely caused by an infection or common cold. If your throat is scratchy and tonsil is slightly swollen it sounds like you're just fighting off an infection. I've heard you should get lumps checked if they are solid and don't move or if you have no other symptoms that would suggest a cold or infection. Good luck, hope you get the answers you're looking for.