PDA

View Full Version : Increased HR - please help!

mila
15-12-15, 23:56
Hi

I really need some help! I am really scared at the moment which does not help my situation at all, I know but it's hard.
I saw a nurse today as I have something I thought might be sinusitis and when she put the little finger monitor to check my sats my HR went to 117 at one point and has basically mot gone lower than 108! I mean when I saw that there was no way I was gonna relax and the more I tried to breathe slower and relax the less relaxed I actually felt cause I just could not really relax. I am close to 21 weeks pregnant and ever since I got pregnant most times they take my HR it's over 100 but mostly they don't even mention it, once my doctor laughed at it, said that was ridiculous but as I get anxious she doesn't pay any attention to it. It was the same that particular time, 117 but I never panicked afterwards but now I can't stop checking it and at times it feels like it maybe has gone down for a second and then it goes up again. Today the nurse said well it does increase in pregnancy especially if you are aneamic so we can check that but when she checked it she said it was regular. About couple of months ago I went to a&e and they did ecg and sent me home, at that time I was being sick a lot so they said it's a bit of dehydration. That is not the case now! My bump has grown massive though and it really presses up so as soon as I get some bloating as well it gets a lot worse. And I now have that as well so I kust don't know how I am going to go to bed tonight :-( I am terrified my heart can't cope. I feel like I need to burp and telease the pressure but when I do burp it lasts like 2 seconds and I feel the same again which makes it impossible to take deeper slower breaths to try and slow the heart rate....

How high does your heart rate get? I am so freaked out...

Jherron
16-12-15, 01:34
If you think about it, it will go up. If I pay attention to mine it will shoot up there. We'll the more I pay attention to it the higher it gets. I have had it be 120 resting while I was thinking about it. When I'm not worried it's in the mid 80s. BTW I think your heart rate can go up to 220 - your age. For example I'm 29 so in theory my max is 191

AlexandriaUK
16-12-15, 20:49
After having 5 children I can guarantee HR gets faster the bigger you get, also lack of fluids can also raise it.
And last but not least the more you think about it the higher it goes, try not to worry cause even when your not pregnant HR is normal between 60 and 100 so you can see yours is not high considering your anxiety is raised so will your HR

mila
16-12-15, 23:18
After having 5 children I can guarantee HR gets faster the bigger you get, also lack of fluids can also raise it.
And last but not least the more you think about it the higher it goes, try not to worry cause even when your not pregnant HR is normal between 60 and 100 so you can see yours is not high considering your anxiety is raised so will your HR

Thank you for replying! It means a lot. I try to tell myself it is not that bad considering everything but it's hard not to worry. Well done for having 5 kids! This is my second and not doing this again! Every day gives me something to be scared about! I am not this bad outside pregnancy, not in the last years anyway. Can I just ask you in the 5 pregancies you've had have you felt dizzy? I am struggling with it so much and it was my biggest symptom even before and one that really freaks me out so it is really a nightmare now. Nobody seems to be bothered about it but it is ruining my life right now in addition to this heart rate business.

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

If you think about it, it will go up. If I pay attention to mine it will shoot up there. We'll the more I pay attention to it the higher it gets. I have had it be 120 resting while I was thinking about it. When I'm not worried it's in the mid 80s. BTW I think your heart rate can go up to 220 - your age. For example I'm 29 so in theory my max is 191
I just want to thank you for replying, it was a relief seeing that someone actually replied! I think you might think I am younger than I am :-) I am a bit older than you.

Jherron
17-12-15, 00:08
Your welcome Mila. God bless ya