PDA

View Full Version : Sick Son

lofwyr
16-12-15, 00:26
So I find myself, as time goes on, worrying less and less about myself, and more and more about those I love. I find myself able to write off the worst things I feel symptom wise, but not able to shrug off my son feeling sick, and coming home from school.

He came home today, had a low grade fever, sore lower back and he claimed his eyes felt hot. I didn't google, nor would I ever, but it was such odd symptoms, I immediately started worrying. No runny nose, a slight cough, which has been off and on for a couple of weeks. It comes, then goes away for a few days, so I wrote it off to dry air. Otherwise, just feeling generally crappy today is all.

Anyway. if it were me, I would totally be able to blow this off, but something my son feels and I fear the worst. It is ridiculous and I know it, and I try not to let him know I worry, but not sure how successful I am there.

Enoughalready!
16-12-15, 04:35
I'm the same way. I find it difficult to not jump to the worst possible, highly unlikely conclusion. I get a horrible jolt of panic in the pit of my stomach nearly every time one of my children complain of pain or illness.
Hugs!

uru
16-12-15, 04:45
He came home today, had a low grade fever, sore lower back and he claimed his eyes felt hot. I didn't google, nor would I ever, but it was such odd symptoms, I immediately started worrying. No runny nose, a slight cough, which has been off and on for a couple of weeks. It comes, then goes away for a few days, so I wrote it off to dry air. Otherwise, just feeling generally crappy today is all

Fever makes your eyes hot, no?
Lower back pain could be anything it's so common.

GAD is about worrying. Your GAD has just found a new target by the sounds of it.