PDA

View Full Version : Blurred vision - Why does everything always come back to MS and tumours ?

JonnyUK
16-12-15, 04:59
I hate anxiety (as we all do), whenever I type in my symptoms it always comes back with MS, darn it. I even had an MRI which came back clear, but because they were't checking for MS and I know it can't always be seen I still talk myself into thinking I have it, when deep down I know it is likely to be anxiety.

However, anxiety has reared its ugly head again and I am cross referencing what I have with MS again. I have blurred vision, which seems worse at long distance, most things close to me are ok. This came on within 2 days and has lasted since. Anything over about 4ft and I start to have problems. Computer screens will also go out of focus on the text. I am 37 so I know I am nearing that age where eyesight deteriorates.

If this was a serious neurological disorder (cough MS, cough tumour) would it likely be blurred at all distances ? Or would that also only be blurred at certain distances ? Also is it ever normal for both eyes to be effected ? As it is both my eyes. I am pinning it on eye strain, but as it has been over 2 months now I am starting to panic, but I hate seeing docs and other such people, but I know I may have to. I have a hangover type sick forehead feeling with it, and things feel a bit better when I close my eyes. When I view TV now at 12ft (37" screen) everyones faces look smudged, when there is a distance shot of a woman her face just looks a mess due to the makeup all merging in to a smudged image, I can't make out eyes anymore on any gender or questions on Pointless and other game shows. Close up shots aren't so bad. Claudia Winkleman with her heavy makeup just looks like a clown on Strictly now, her eyes and lipstick just look like a kid has drawn them on with thick crayons. If I sit around 5ft it is a lot clearer. When I view the EPG on Sky I can walk back slowly from the screen up to 12ft and it goes from clear at 4ft to looking like a puzzle piece, all broken up and wavy by about 10ft. It also gives me more of a headache. Sadly I can't really move the chair or TV closer as it is not my house. I know it sounds a lot like the need for glasses, but this came on within 2 days, and some days are clearer than others.

Also has anyone ever been cured from GAD ? I have yet to take any tablets for it, but talk therapy didn't help at all except how to breathe in panic attacks.

Thanks all !