PDA

View Full Version : CJD..?

LeftyEX
16-12-15, 15:54
Hello, I'm a 24 year old male.

About a month and a half ago I began to have a constant headache above my right eyebrow that lasted all day every day. This was pretty concerning as I never get headaches, so I ended up going to the doctor. After this I began to feel woozy and dizzy while I was standing and the headache moved up to the back of my neck and the top of my head.

The doctor said it might be an infection and gave me some pain medications and a dizziness medication. I didn't bother taking either as I didn't see the point. The headaches were made better by ibuprofen.

Well eventually it became hard to think and I suddenly began feeling confused, to the point where I couldn't figure out how to do certain things, or at least without a pause before I did them.

I went on vacation to go back home for a week and I couldn't seem to remember anything about the area. This really freaked me out, of course, and when I got back to work the next week I couldn't remember certain people's names. I could remember the first letter but would end up replacing it with something else (Taylor into Trevor, for example).

My doctor seemed concerned about this. He did a basic neuro exam and sent me in for a head MRI and it came back normal.

My family chalks it up to anxiety but I'm unsteady on my feet, get random vertigo spells, and am having serious memory issues. When I drive I feel really confused and it's difficult to explain, like when I stop at a turn and see cars coming from both directions I feel this doubt over whether I should go or not. I come up to grab my clothes in the morning and have the same doubting feeling of what I should grab.

Originally the thought was a brain tumor...but now it's CJD. It couldn't be Alzheimer's since I would be setting the record for it (I think the youngest person ever was 27, plus that would mean mine started when I was in my teens). There doesn't seem to be any other explanation to me. I was perfectly functional just over two months ago and now I feel like a complete wreck. Has anyone else's anxiety manifested like this before?

EDIT: I'm a diabetic (Type 1) with celiac disease, if that chalks up to anything. The celiac is controlled and I've had diabetes for eight years now. The diabetes is also well controlled.

uru
16-12-15, 23:38
You don't have CJD.

Only around 2 people a year die from it in the UK. The incidence at its highest was around 27 people.

You're more likely to be killed by terrorists - which is also incredibly unlikely.