PDA

View Full Version : Bruise

soworried80
20-02-07, 19:40
Hi everyone...my name is Ashley and I'm new here. I've worried about my health for sooo long, and it's very draining for me. Right now I'm worried about a small bruise I have on my lower back. It's very light brown in color, and sometimes I can't even tell if it's just maybe a shadow on my spine. My boyfriend swears he can't see it. I don't have any other bruises on my body that I know of. I do have these purplish streaks on my backside that look kind of like stretch marks. Anyway, I'm so worried about leukemia. I used to worry a lot about this, and had a blood test about five years ago and I was fine (the doctor thought I was crazy though). Does anyone know how the bruising with leukemia is? Is it usually pretty extensive? Any advice would be appreciated.
Ashley

Lissy43
20-02-07, 20:46
i had this fear 2 yrs ago, it still does hit me if i bruise alot but this is what i know, if you had leaukemia your bruises would be large, very large and dark, this is because your platlets would be very low. I know all the symptoms and believe me you would know.

I use to get bruises and i mean huge ones all up my legs and arms and i had bloods taken, all was fine.

I wouldn't worry at all.

soworried80
21-02-07, 00:32
Thank you Cherry...your support is much appreciated. Does anyone else have any experience with bruising or anything like this? I would never have even noticed this bruise had I not been looking at that stupid mole!

Ashley

nomorepanic
21-02-07, 01:35
I am covered in bruises and I mean all over

Some of us are more sensitive to knocks - my mum is the same

It is nothing sinister - I asked doc

Piglet
21-02-07, 10:22
I too bruise like a peach and have done for as long as I can remember.

I've always got some bruise or other on the go. I honestly think if it were something more serious you would have other symptoms too.

Piglet x