PDA

View Full Version : Bump underneath tongue.

stressedanxious
16-12-15, 17:26
So there is a painless bump underneath my tongue on the left side, but my right side doesn't have it. I am really worried:(
Are both sides supposed to be the same?

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

:weep:

uru
16-12-15, 18:35
It's probably nothing. Give it 3 days and it'll have gone.

stressedanxious
16-12-15, 19:21
I made a dentist appointment Im so scared to find out

Lifelonganxiety!
16-12-15, 19:43
As above - give it some time. Could be an ulcer or maybe you bit in your sleep or something and there's a bump.

stressedanxious
16-12-15, 19:47
Its underneath my tongue, I never bit it or anything. I don't know if its always been this way, or if this bump is new. I am seriously so scared :((

LeftyEX
16-12-15, 19:49
If your tongue brushed along your teeth at any point and got slightly cut it'll turn into this white/clear painless bump. This can happen when you're sleeping quite easily. Your jaw and tongue move quite a bit compared to other things while you're sleeping. (Second only to your eyes)

stressedanxious
16-12-15, 20:09
Its not my tongue. It's my mouth like underneath my tongue. :// So scared.

LeftyEX
16-12-15, 20:14
Its not my tongue. It's my mouth like underneath my tongue. :// So scared.

Is it white or clear?

stressedanxious
16-12-15, 20:20
No, not really. :// Idk Im freaking out. Ugh . I made a dentist appointment i am going in soon. I just can't take this. I am so scared its something serious. Why does there have to be a bump there/? Why can't i just not have something to worry about :(( Im freaking outs.

Lifelonganxiety!
16-12-15, 20:22
There's probably a thousand bumps on you that you could freak out about that are nothing. I'm certain that's what your dentist will say, it's nothing / normal.

Fishmanpa
16-12-15, 20:35
We're asymmetrical by nature. Our bodies are filled with lumps, bumps and other anomalies that are perfectly natural and normal. It could very well just be the way your body is. After all, you never noticed it before, there's never been any symptom or pain associated with it and it was only discovered by a classic HA behavior of self checking.

You've been going through a really rough time the last several months and have been "so scared" about quite a few things and they've turned out to be nothing. I'm quite sure this will be the same. Are you getting help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
17-12-15, 00:59
I just want to tell everyone I went to the dentist and they said it was a salvia gland.

Fishmanpa
17-12-15, 01:39
I just want to tell everyone I went to the dentist and they said it was a salvia gland.

So... normal right? :) Now, perhaps it's time to ask for professional help?

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
17-12-15, 02:13
So... normal right? :) Now, perhaps it's time to ask for professional help?

Positive thoughts

Yup, they told me to eat sour stuff..

im seeking therapy .

Fishmanpa
17-12-15, 02:22
Yup, they told me to eat sour stuff..

im seeking therapy .

:yesyes: Good for you. You've had a really rough time of it. I'm sure that will help put you on the healing path.

Positive thoughts