PDA

View Full Version : Nerve Pain or Bone Cancer? Really Scared

DeeBee27
16-12-15, 19:06
Hi all,

I have been experiencing pain, tenderness and pins and needles, shooting, burning pains in my lower left leg. I spoke to my GP about it who 'assures' me it's neuropathic pain and has prescribed me Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day. My fears were/are that it's bone cancer. She is aware of my fears and has referred me for CBT & Counselling because we're both concerned about the level my anxiety has gotten to. I've found it hard to believe her even though I trust her if that makes sense. I have had a few days of pain free "normal" days, but today it's been ANXIETY hell.

I feel like crying... I'm convinced something bad is causing my 'nerve' pain. My leg pain has settled down now a little and I can almost accept that its nerve related pain.

BUT my forearms are hurting, my left more then my right. Especially if I lean on my arm, or rest it on something, it's SO sensitive. I'm scared and terrified it's bone cancer. It just kind of aches as if it's bruised but it's not. I am so scared I'm trying to tell myself it's just muscle strain or a nerve thing again. BUt I am just so worried. The pain is anywhere on my arms when it touches something like leaning over the arm rest of a chair to reach something on the floor - inside the arm all the way to the top, or if I lean on the arm and it's the front, side part.

My wrist hurts when I use laptop and use my phone, and even my finger tips hurt a little. I just feel so scared. Can it be nerve pain? It won't be cancer when I had blood tests on 3rd November and they came back clear will it?

I have an XRAY on my knee tomorrow to show the wear & tear & trapped nerve thing, but i'm terrified about my arms.

I'm literally wearing a support bandage on my wrist to help it. I feel like no one understands how real this fear is of mine RIGHT now.

It's like right now, my fear makes the most logical sense. :'(

Please help :-(

Haylee.a
18-12-15, 12:17
I understand your fears because I've been like this for the past 6 weeks with all kinds of things!!! Breast cancer/lukemia/skin cancer and cervical cancer! I swear I've had them all!!! (In my mind) and still think I've developed cancer and its spread all over my body causing all these symptoms for me!!! Been checked by my gps and they say I'm suffering bad anxiety!!!! I also had a full bloody count which came back low iron deficiency anemia I asked if I had a bloody disorder or lukemia would it have showed on the blood test? They said yes they would if detected something abnormal in my blood to do with the white blood cells etc.... Still makes you feel uneasy though doesn't it?