PDA

View Full Version : pmt and panic attacks

mama
20-02-07, 21:03
Hi I have joined today as I am trying to get some support for the anxiety that i have been experiencing over the last 15 years. These anxiety bouts ultimately lead to panic attacks and are nasty destructive and leaving me no-where to go anymore . All the therapies done and the medicines now just me. Anybody know of there is a link to PMT/ PMS and anxiety attacks ? please let me know thanks Mama

sarah1984
21-02-07, 13:14
Hi Mama and welcome,

While I'm not sure there's any such link between the two, I know PMT can certainly aggravate anxiety and changing hormone levels are known to cause mood swings. I always found my anxiety far worse before my period so I take Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin B6 daily.

Take care,
Sarah

Issy_Bum
21-02-07, 13:39
Hey, I've found that my anxiety is much worse around that time of the month. I suppose the increase in hormones just makes you feel even worse than normal, the best thing to do is try and rationalise it - i.e. "I've had three panic attacks today instead of one but that's only because I've got PMS - therefore, this isn't a setback and it's nothing to worry about."

manmoor
21-02-07, 14:16
Hi Mama,

A big warm welcome to you. xxx

kittykat
21-02-07, 19:09
Hi Mama,

I always find my anxiety is worse round about time of the month, but as long as you are aware of it you can get through it.
Welcome to the site.

Take care

shirley xx

shaz01
21-02-07, 22:21
Hi Mama,

I find my palpitations and anxiety is always worse before the time of the month and again when its finishing....definitly something to do with these hormones....or my age lol

Shaz x

trac67
22-02-07, 21:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

take care

Trac xx

wobily_lin
23-02-07, 07:09
Elo Mama,

welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x

mirry
23-02-07, 07:16
its usually worse because of a imbalance in hormones , trouble is finding out which one it is. Blood tests dont alway pick it up but if you do have blood tests done have them done a few days before your due on.....this is the best time to catch the hormone dip. Other than that its all herbal or try a progesterone cream, a progesterone cream can lessen the symptoms but I found it an expensive way of dealing with it and as I dont earn enough due to anxiety I couldnt justify paying £22 for a pot that lasts 45 days.

Good luck with it all and welcome to the site.

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 11:35
Hi Mama

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Please feel free to ask any questions you want to.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice.