PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Metronidazole

Paul87
17-12-15, 09:25
Hello

I've had a Dental abscess for a week or so i had bad Anxiety Sunday in Hospital over the abscess I been told to take Amoxiclav and Metronidazole together but I have only been taking Amoxiclav as I have never taken Metronidazole before

I've had the Abscess drained Monday and Wednesday at the Dentist but then the dentist refered me to Hospital so I had it drained again this time at Hospital they then said if I take both medicines I be fine and it will go

But I'm scared to I'm scared i will get side effects or it will mix up with my other medications

I'm on Liquid Fluoxetine and Zoton FastTabs for my GERD

As I have swollening problems with pills even my antibiotics is liquid form

I got to have 2 spoonfuls 3 times a day of each antibiotics that's 200MG Metronidazole per the 2 spoonfuls

I just took my first ever spoonful now I feel bad and shaky and worried :(

hanshan
17-12-15, 11:41
I've taken an amox/metronidazole combination for a dental abscess at the same time as an antidepressant without any negative effects. The two antibiotics are necessary to cover the full range of bacteria that can cause the abscess. Any side effects are way better than an abscess. (Also at least one study has found no evidence for the oft-stated belief that alcohol and metronidazole combined causes an intense unpleasant reaction).

Paul87
18-12-15, 11:05
I've taken an amox/metronidazole combination for a dental abscess at the same time as an antidepressant without any negative effects. The two antibiotics are necessary to cover the full range of bacteria that can cause the abscess. Any side effects are way better than an abscess. (Also at least one study has found no evidence for the oft-stated belief that alcohol and metronidazole combined causes an intense unpleasant reaction).

Thanks that was kinda reinsuring the dentist yesterday took one tooth out and next one will be the abscess one once the abscess has gone down but im still very frightened of this medicine

I don't think or smoke etc my only guilty pleasure is soda lol, But yeah I had one spoonful just now and had give the bottle to family member to give me the second spoonful as I knew I wouldn't do it myself so I had my first 200 dose and got 2 more of them today

I feel sick and heart racing and can't focus properly but I guess that's anxiety hopefully my anxiety over this medicine goes so I can relax etc I have read horror stories of side effects it can give you like blurry eye etc but I'm most likely over reacting lol

JaeBee
20-12-15, 08:39
Bi, I too am on fluoxetine and have taken metrodiniazole several times, no problems. Just don't drink any alcohol on it. You are feeling shaking and your heart is racing due to your anxiety. Honestly its fine together.