PDA

View Full Version : My back hurts :(

KayeS
17-12-15, 11:56
Had really bad middle back pain since Sunday... it's actually more on the back right ribs and hurts most if I take a deep breath. Really bothering me... how long does this type of pain take to go?? I don't even know how I did this.

Went to a physio on Tuesday who said it sounds like a tendon or intercostal muscle strain, especially as I can feel a clicking/popping sensation in my back when I take a breath in.

pulisa
17-12-15, 12:01
I'm really sorry you're in the grips of HA again, KayeS. You have talked yourself through this before and you will beat these fears again.

KayeS
17-12-15, 12:04
Thanks Pulisa :)

I'm not quite in a panic about it yet but because of HA, any sort of pain etc I get just makes me feel as if I'm sick in some way. I can't remember what it feels like to feel fit and healthy any more...

pulisa
17-12-15, 13:17
It must be miserable for you..Any news on the CBT therapy? It's so hard to beat the patterns of thinking with HA-give them an inch and they'll take a mile..

I've had lots of muscular tension in my thoracic spine and I found an osteopath helped with some specific massage and realignment techniques. I think you could go to any alternative therapist and get different diagnoses but I guess you're looking at the worse case scenario here?

Fishmanpa
17-12-15, 13:24
I know you're struggling but you've done well the last few weeks in rationalizing things. This is just a sore back. You know that. Yeah, it hurts and yeah it sucks when you're in pain (believe me I'm intimately acquainted with Mr. Chronic Pain). Take some OTC pain relief and go about your day. That's really all you can do... that and a heating pad really helps ;)

Positive thoughts

KayeS
17-12-15, 13:33
It must be miserable for you..Any news on the CBT therapy? It's so hard to beat the patterns of thinking with HA-give them an inch and they'll take a mile..

I've had lots of muscular tension in my thoracic spine and I found an osteopath helped with some specific massage and realignment techniques. I think you could go to any alternative therapist and get different diagnoses but I guess you're looking at the worse case scenario here?

Actually had my first CBT session yesterday. Because it was the first session, there wasn't really any 'therapy' going on, it was more just me explaining everything about my health anxiety etc and discussing what would happen in the following sessions. Because of Christmas my next one isn't until the first week of Jan now...

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

I know you're struggling but you've done well the last few weeks in rationalizing things. This is just a sore back. You know that. Yeah, it hurts and yeah it sucks when you're in pain (believe me I'm intimately acquainted with Mr. Chronic Pain). Take some OTC pain relief and go about your day. That's really all you can do... that and a heating pad really helps ;)

Positive thoughts

I just wish I could deal with these things like a normal person and not assume I'm dying with every little pain I get. I've made my way though quite a lot of painkillers in the last few days lol.

pulisa
17-12-15, 13:35
At least you're not in denial about HA and that's half the battle