PDA

View Full Version : Bruise question

Eggplant345
18-12-15, 02:47
I am getting over my leukemia fear but I am just wondering. Would leukemia bruises appear everywhere and not only on the back? Like, for example. I freak out if anyone like hugs me tight or if I slightly bump my back on a chair because I'm scared I will bruise. Meanwhile, when my arm hurts I make my hand into a fist and hit it lightly up and down and it won't bruise. Does anyone know?

Masonn
18-12-15, 03:05
If you have Leukemia the bruises will be unmissable. A family friend of mine had Leukemia and she literally had bruises all over her legs. I was also anxious about Leukemia just a few days ago when little red/purple bruise dots started appearing on my thigh, thankfully they are almost gone now.

Also, some people just do bruise very easily. And even IF you did have bruises covering you, a more common cause is Anemia or Vitamin Deficiency. And also, don't forget, bruises are not the only symptom of Leukemia.

They would appear everywhere I'd assume but it could be different for everyone? I really doubt that a few bruises on your back is leukemia related especially if you have a cause and you know what is causing the bruising. Leukemia patients say they were bruised just from a poke or even just nothing at all, and had no idea where or how the bruises occurred.

Haylee.a
18-12-15, 12:08
See this really scares me too!!!! I went through a patch a few weeks ago convincing myself I had lukemia because I was losing loads of weight and keep getting bruises on my legs!! Some are just silly dots and some of them are normal sized!!! Also tiny little blood spots!! So of course I was a paranoid mess convinced I had it!!! I spoke to my doctor who told me if I had it , it would of showed up in my full blood count I had 6 weeks ago!! All it showed was iron defiency anemia!! What do you's think? It does still play on my mind and I constantly check my skin for bruises all the time and purple patches etc

imfineokay
20-12-15, 03:50
This fear isnt going is it? I see your posts that you have worried about this for ages. Consider getting a blood test and forget about the bruising. As said here, just because you bruise out of no where does NOT mean that you have the dreaded L word... what you are worrying about would have killed u a long long time ago... But you are still here! Doesnt matter where you bruise or how many blood spots you have ( I get loads too) it doesnt mean that you have it... Very small chance as a matter of fact.

Munchlet
20-12-15, 20:34
Hi I had to reply to this as I worry about bruises too and have done for a number of years.

I read a while ago that bruising is often caused by deficiencies in Vits C, D and Bioflavanoids. I bought a supplement a few weeks ago containing these three things and since then I have whacked myself quite hard on a few occasions and not bruised which I know for a fact I would have done before.

As others have said it's more than likely a deficiency of some kind than Leukemia especially if you don't have accompanying symptoms.

My Dr said that bruises from leukemia are unmistakable, they are usually big purple/blue and appear all over, most of the time people don't know what has caused them, when I showed him about 6 or 7 bruises on my legs once he laughed and said "they are normal bruises" he also said they don't tend to worry about bruises on arms and legs as they get knocked so often.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.:)

helenhoo
14-03-16, 14:31
This is a current worry!