PDA

View Full Version : 700 kalorie diet strange feeling

gregcool
18-12-15, 18:10
Hi guys.for the past couple of weeks iv been on 700 kal diet per day...but last few days im getting this strange tingle sore feeling in my mouth esp my tongue...could this be anything to do with this low cal diet..also my concentration is not very good.

pulisa
18-12-15, 18:26
It may be a vitamin B12 deficiency, Greg? That's a very low calorie intake-please be careful. I know you want to lose weight but that's being a bit extreme?

gregcool
18-12-15, 18:30
Pulisa iv been taking barocca every day for two weeks now..thats a multi vit tablet you disolve in water ..actualy i wonder if its that....iv lost 1 and a half stone in 5 weeks..gone from 15 down to 13 and a half..no longer wering xxlarge shirts i now fit into medium tops again..i feel fine still

swgrl09
18-12-15, 18:38
I believe anything under 1200 a day can send you into starvation mode ... Then you will keep the weight you have on and won't lose more. Be careful unless a doctor told you that was appropriate. Congrats on losing the weight tho!

MyNameIsTerry
18-12-15, 23:22
Your concentration will be affected with a diet like this mate. You have to eat enough to make that Serotonin for a start and diets are not geared towards L - tryptophan for a start. So get some warm milk on the go. But with such alow intake you expect things like this.

Anything below 1000 a day means the body isn't getting anywhere what it needs.

gregcool
19-12-15, 07:59
The thing is terry,i actualy feel ok.iv had some good days and part good days.i dont think i ate much more than this before,the thing i have changed is,in the afternoon i use to eat 3 bits of toast,now i have just a banana,evening time i eat about 600 cal evening meal..200 kal breakfast..some nights its only 400 kal meal ,like poached eggs on toast about 350 kal..iv just completley cut out any snack foods and all sweet foods.no more fast foods at all...plus the cut down on olanzipine.so have less of a apitite..i plan to drop another dose after xmas in jan,that will meen iv been on this last droped dose for two months.so my hunger will prob decrease more.my sleep seems to be about 6-7 hrs sleep at night and have now excepted this.as long as it dsnt drop off anymore on next meds drop

Rennie1989
19-12-15, 12:13
Considering that males require 2500 calories a day 700 is incredibly low. Can I ask why you are on a very low calorie diet and what you are eating? I commend you that you have lost the weight you have, but it needs to be done healthily.

MyNameIsTerry
19-12-15, 13:44
The fact you are feeling good is a real benefit and only shows how much this med was cutting you off from the abillity to recover. Damn meds!

On such a low calorie diet you should be feeling pretty grotty mate. I wonder if this is something to do with withdrawing form this stuff and your body utilising all the bodyfat?

gregcool
19-12-15, 14:22
Well i never realy ate more than 1200 a day anyway as norm foods.but used to hit the takeways and plenty of alcohol.so plus my meds helped me gain this weight..i just decided to cut back hard for afew weeks then will go back to 1200 a day so that i still loose a couple of pound a week...i dont feel bad on this diet and have had some pritty good days as it goes.so with the cut down of olanzipine and food im loosing the weight.my goal is 12 stone so that will be three stone.i dont feel grotty terry im taking barocca every day so giving me vit that im loosing....iv done this before when i got heavy and kept the weight off for several years eating 1200 kal a day...loosing this weight and standing on the scales seeing a few pounds each week disapier is making me feel good again.i fit into smaller clothes..im loving it..i get the odd hunger feeling in the evening but foght it easy...i think once i cut down olanzipine again in jan my desire for food will get less.

Crystalhiggs
19-12-15, 15:00
Hi Greg, oh you sound very positive overall well done! Just make sure you're getting lots of fresh fruit and veg and drink loads of water, that's more important than your calorie count. Try to get a balance of carbs, fat and protein too, this link is good: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/eatwell-plate.aspx
Take care and keep up the good work just don't starve yourself! Xx

gregcool
19-12-15, 16:31
Thanks crystal...yep iv had some pritty good days lattley .still having down days,but more good than before..im not starving myself im eating three times a day and plan to eat more over xmas then back to watching my weight again...i olan to eat steak ,chicken and lots of fruit and veg in the new year.still only about 1300 cal a day but healthy and regular...hows things with you latley.hows your sleep going

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

In the last two weeks iv had 7 good solid days and the rest of the time iv had good parts of the day,mornings or evenings.more than iv had for many months..today iv had a good day all day to..something is changing and this is while iv been on a low cal diet..could be the confedance of loosing weight and being on barocca and the olanzipine cut down..but happy with things so far.xmas all sorted nothing outstanding..

Crystalhiggs
19-12-15, 18:21
That's great news Greg I'm really pleased for you, haven't heard you sound this positive before. Sometimes it takes just one thing to change everything!
Well I'm sleeping amazingly but I'm ill at the moment, came down with a virus 2 weeks ago and still have it. It makes me very dizzy and nauseous, hope it will pass by Christmas. But I don't feel too anxious (although It did go up for a few days) and as I said I'm sleeping like a log - think I'm making up for the rest of the year when I had insomnia! The key I found is just to stop blooming worrying about it! :)

gregcool
19-12-15, 23:20
Well done crystal..so glad to hear your sleep is good..i realy hope you feel better for xmas..not nice to feel unwell at this time of year...hope you have a lovely xmas and feel good real soon...

kdf123
19-12-15, 23:33
Sound so positive Greg , well done mate

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-15, 12:05
Well I think going to more extreme reductions would be affecting mood but you seem ok. I don't know about the tongue thing but concentration can be low mood or not. If the mood is ok, it could be a Serotonin issue as that is needed for concentration. Adjusting slightly might help with this and there are ways to do it, most likely low calorie too but it will mean some carbs with L-Tryptophan, the BCAA's compete and in a high protein meal without carbs, they win. Adding some carbs swings it back the other way.

You could maybe look at that but it could just be a shortlived thing so perhaps it's just worth keeping an eye on? But yes, that can certainly be a diet issue at calories much higher than yours so it can be with your current levels.

I think the key here is how you feel. Yes, your calorific intake is well under but you were a gym bloke so you know how all that works and serious lifters are pretty savvy on all things the eat, certainly more than any GP I reckon :D so if it's just how you eat, as long as you don't feel like crap all the time (which dieters tend to), maybe it's all good?

Could there me anything with the thyroid in there?

gregcool
20-12-15, 13:29
Thanks for that terry....good reading...my last medication reduction was nearly two months ago..will be at the begining of jan..so feel iv been on that dose for enough time before my next reduction...in the past iv lived on quite a low calorie intake when i was lean and quite riped.i was on proteen shakes and low carbs and got very fit.i was even going to the gym doing cardio most days..was 11 stone but very fit and healthy...then latter in life i got big in the gym.lots of carbs and complex foods...and my mood was allways good which ever way i went...but i didnt suffer mental health back then so didnt know what a bad day felt like.i was always upbeat and happy all day....my doc comfirmed my thyroid is at norm levels and no other kind of isues..so health is good..as i say good days and still bad days..last night i had a sleeping pill as i do on a sat night for a treat just like the relaxed feeling i get from it half hr before i need to dleep and the quick falling to sleep..but today is one of the not so good days...slept well but just feel heavy in my head again low mood medium anxiety ..so its on and off mate....but looked at my notes on my phone that i put in each day and can see in the last couple of weeks iv had several good days and parts of days..much better than recent weeks and months....i think sundays are always the worse tho,nothing to do or anywhere to go..but my head feels heavy today and dull.when i get this i know its going to be one of those crap days..but being positive thinking of all the good days iv had and look forward to more to come

Crystalhiggs
20-12-15, 14:07
Greg when I was given zopiclone my head felt like that the next day like a hangover feeling, so even though you've slept well it's probably the sleeping pill that's making you feel like this today. It's a lovely day outside though so a bit of fresh air always good. :)

gregcool
20-12-15, 15:33
Yea i can see what you are saying crystal..im in town at the moment just to break up the day..bloody cold tho...still feel a bit crap but trying not to let today spoil all the good days iv had..i have to except,im going to get blips like today,im not going to feel great every day..it just catches me out tho when you have off days after a good run of good days.tomorow is another day...

Crystalhiggs
20-12-15, 16:10
Absolutely, I'm realising that a positive attitude can go a long way. I'm still ill with this virus and although every now and again I burst into tears out of sheer frustration I'm generally just trying to relax, accept it and let it wash over me. Because fighting it takes energy that I just don't have. I'm sitting listening to carols on classic fm and it's really calming. My husband says I'm old before my time haha!

gregcool
20-12-15, 16:25
Oh i hope you feel better soon..esp with xmas on our doorstep..no one wants to feel crap over xmas...thats good you are able to except it and listen to the radio to relax,thats something i just cant do unless im drinking..i need visual tv to ocupy my mind....i hope your virus clears up soon

Crystalhiggs
20-12-15, 17:36
Thank you Greg it is a horrible virus, feeling really woozy and nauseous most of the time. Hope it passes soon. I'm not much of a telly person, I wish I was really it would take my mind off things a bit! Thx for your good wishes. :)

gregcool
20-12-15, 18:48
Good wishes to you to Crystal.:hugs: