PDA

View Full Version : 28 year old mum with health anxiety.

kayc
20-02-07, 22:51
Hi everyone

I'm 28 year old mum of one, and have suffered from health anxiety for approximately 3 years.

Before this I suffered from panic attacks from about aged 20 but gradually overcame them with relaxation/distraction/control techniques and 3 years ago seemed to substitue the panic attacks for health anxiety, lol, not too sure which is worse!!!

Would love to e-mail others, so if what you know about me so far hasn't put you off, lol, get in touch.

K xx

jen25
28-02-07, 23:58
Hi Kay

I am also a health anxiety sufferer, i was diagnosed with GAD about four years ago but since ive been worrying about my health and hardly leave the house. I started to have problems around age of 18 , and im now 25. so can sypathise with what you are going through!!!:)

feel free to get in touch if you want a chat anytime!

take care
Jen

TooYoungForThis16
29-12-07, 22:58
Im 16. And i've been living with health anxiety for around 3 months. I honestly believe im dying.

Yahoo- Brandi_chick_fl_14@Yahoo.com (Brandi_chick_fl_14@Yahoo.com)
Aol-BrandiXxBrandon@aol.com (Aol-BrandiXxBrandon@aol.com)

ladygrom
30-12-07, 05:41
hi i to sufffer health anxiety i no how you feel constantly worryin bout health and wat weve got and wat we avnt got .tc elaine xxx

dinkydoo
30-12-07, 10:33
Its hard work isnt it, I am a mother of three little ones and I am sat here at the moment having a good cry. Feels such a struggle at times, but we must all focus on the positive and take little steps to help ourselves.
Best of luck to you.

bex.d
04-01-08, 18:34
Hi kayc, I too am 28 mum of one with another on the way, I started with panic attacks and depression about 2 years ago but last year it changed to health anxiety and its the most horrible thing to cope with, when you actually believe you are dying there is nothing anyone can do or say to make you think otherwise! one day we will look back at our lives and wonder why we wasted so much of it worrying about nothing