PDA

View Full Version : Fear after fainting

Munki
18-12-15, 19:18
So guys. Twice I've passed out in public and I'm sure it's down to anxiety. Both times I've had a few drinks and been in a busy club (and eaten Chinese food) so I'm going to get a food intolerance test. It lasts for moments and as soon as I feel sick I throw up I feel a million dollars.

The issue now is that I'm in a dark place with fear of dying. We're probably off snowboarding again this year and I already am starting to feel the fear. What if I bang my head? What if something happens?

I had the same last year yet had a great time.

How do I get through this without being terrified?

I am off to the docs re the fainting but I've recently had bloods and other tests and it's all totally fine.

Please help. I don't want to live in fear anymore...

:(

Carnation
18-12-15, 19:27
Munki, you good be hyperventilating. Try doing some breathing exercises for this and don't hunch your shoulders. We do this when we are nervous without realising it.

Munki
18-12-15, 19:52
But I'm totally relaxed and having a good time when I faint?

mark84
18-12-15, 20:14
What about those drinks, you knocking them back??

Munki
18-12-15, 20:35
Not excessively. Last weekend we had a few during the day as it was a hen do but I'd stopped drinking for the evening. The time previously I'd had about 2 drinks.

Traceypo
18-12-15, 22:06
Hi hun,
I was once on the train when a man fainted, I was in panic, a very calm off duty nurse tended to him, when he came round both nurse and man were very calm, he advised it happened often, apparently his blood pressure would drop and he would pass out. He said it was harmless, other than injuring himself with the fall, what amazed me most was that he refused an ambulance and went on his way to work.
Xx

Munki
18-12-15, 22:46
Poor chap. But again, blood pressure is spot on.

Very odd.

How do I lose this fear of going on holiday when it's real and actually happens?