PDA

View Full Version : I've Googled, and now I'm paying for it.

gabes
21-02-07, 02:34
I've been experiencing these spasms at the tip of my nose for a few months it’s really just very annoying, but has made me very worried about neurological diseases. The Doctor said its nothing. But now I also have muscle spasms in my upper back that won't go away. Sometimes it’s like a crawling feeling on either side of my spine. It’s not painful but very unsettling. I could not resist and Googled it! And even though I couldn’t find anything specific, just reading about different neurological diseases has me extremely on edge. I'm too afraid or maybe too embarrassed to keep going to the doctor with every little complaint. I recently changed doctors because this new one listens to me, but I don’t want to wear out my welcome. The more I focus on it the worse it seems to get. Sometimes it seems I go from one ailment to the next. How do I break this cycle? Help!

wobily_lin
21-02-07, 02:42
Gabes,

Now i am gona tell you like I have told so many here........

DO NOT GOOGLE!!!!

As you have found out it makes you worse..the forum and ppl on here will help support you in whateva is worrying you so there is no need hun...makes ye think ye got all sorts n makes ye more anxious....so again NEVER GOOGLE.......X

debbsi
21-02-07, 16:50
Gabes
I had the same thing little spasms at the end of my nose and I too googled, but they went away and I forgot all about it, so it obviously wasnt anything to worry about.

anxious
21-02-07, 17:06
Hi Gabes,

i wish we could ban googling. I get twitches occasionally, usually in my eye. I really think they are annoying more than anything. The more attention you give them the worse they get.

anx x

lass
21-02-07, 17:09
Remember, Google isn't a doctor, it knows nothing! It's in collaboration with anxiety and it's out to get you :mad:

As you say, the more you think about it, the more you notice it, and the more it worries you. Try to keep yourself busy and distracted; then pay particular attention to the times you realise you haven't been aware of it. It also helps to write down your feelings when you are going through the symptom and subsequent anxiety. Then to challenge the negative thoughts with more positive ones.

Set yourself a timescale, maybe of a couple of weeks, and after that time if you are still having the same symptoms, pop back and see your GP.

But I'm sure you're fine. :)

gabes
21-02-07, 17:20
Thanks for all the support. I don't know what I would do wihout this site.

xBettyBoopx
21-02-07, 17:39
Hi Gabes
I Too Have Twitches Now And Again At The End Of My Nose, Must Be Anxiety, I Get Twitches All Over, They Are Annoying But Nothing To Worry About, However I Know How You Feel, We All Do. I Gave Up 'googling', I Got Too Scared. Take Heart And Take Care.
Elspeth

Meg
21-02-07, 19:21
***The more I focus on it the worse it seems to get***

so what does that tell you ??? Energy follows thought. If you think about it, it will feel worse.

There is no way a tingle/ twitch on your nose can be put down to anything except a plain random tingle/ twitch that we get everyday in many places but don't notice most of them.

When I was anxious I used to get a wierd stretching/ tingle just beside my left shoulderblade when I was getting stressed. Once I had realized , I used it as a mood barometer. If I felt it twitch, it was time to chill out or smile to myself about how accurate it was so I put it to good use and it served me well for a few years.

kittykat
21-02-07, 19:27
Hi Gabes,

I suffer from really bad HA and for us we just can't google as it does really scare you. Since joining NMP i've had some great advice from everyone and have managed to be on a google ban for about 3mths now ,although the temptation is always there!!!
Have you thought about a course of CBT it helps you to challenge negative thoughts, i am currently going through a course of it just now but it is hard work.
Hope you feel better soon and here's some great advice tht I got given to me

DONT GOOGLE...........YOUR BANNED!!!!!!!!!

xx

Lissy43
21-02-07, 21:25
Hiya,

At the moment I have the same symptom. I started with a sinus infection last week and since then I have this tingly feeling at the end of my nose, its horrible and its even worse today, ive had it a week.

I don't dare google it and no way am I running the dr about it, id feel daft but now im a little worried about what it could be.

I am sure you are ok though, it must be anxiety.

DavidJ85
22-02-07, 13:08
My nose tingles from time to time and my right eye and sometimes my left eye, I dont worry about it really. It comes and goes so I just put it down to another tingling sensation lol