PDA

View Full Version : Washing up liquid

phil06
20-12-15, 02:12
I was washing dishes tonight and a tiny bubble hit under my nose and maybe a spark of water hit my lips. I brushed my teeth but worried I will get ill? Has caution labels on the side of the liquid bottle so what if I get ill? :blush:

Fishmanpa
20-12-15, 02:20
Phil... With respect...it's soap... you threw away a dryer due to contamination fears. I can't even begin to imagine this being anywhere near a threat.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-15, 06:52
You won't, Phil.

If a cleaning substance was so strong that such a tiny amount would cause poisoning or other irritation, it would need to be reflected on the bottle and if ingesting such a tiny amount could cause it, you can guarantee it would be a secure substance that the public are not allowed anywhere near for obvious reasons.

Caution labels state the caution. They won't want you drinking or eating it but they accept some small quantities are possible. When it comes to irritants and things like the eyes, you would easily know by now as it would not be pleasant.

Lucinda07
20-12-15, 17:19
I have noticed that washing up liquid labels now feature a "!" to highlight caution.
I really don't know why the manufacturers considered this necessary.
Washing up liquid is safe. If some was deliberately squirted it in the eye, it would sting a little (like shampoo) but perfectly ok. Even if it was squirted neat in the mouth it would just taste really horrible but no harm would occur.

Haylee.a
20-12-15, 20:51
You will not get ill from a tiny bubble bless you!!! My mum smokes a vape ciiggi and the oil that goes into those things are dangerous!! Well she took a lug the other day and swallowed some of it and felt sick etc etc that's what I call dangerous!!!!diluted and and undiluted washing up liquid won't make you Ill unless you consume a huge amount which you didn't!!! Me and my kids have swallowed washing up bubbles loads of times when messing about with bubbles!!! :hugs:

Movielife
21-12-15, 09:17
I have noticed that washing up liquid labels now feature a "!" to highlight caution.
I really don't know why the manufacturers considered this necessary.
Washing up liquid is safe. If some was deliberately squirted it in the eye, it would sting a little (like shampoo) but perfectly ok. Even if it was squirted neat in the mouth it would just taste really horrible but no harm would occur.

It'll be fine; it's very safe. It has to be!

Think of all those people who wash cutlery/pots then just dry their hands off. It might dry your skin a little but it won't do you any damage..and a bubble won't do anything.

Cheer up :)