PDA

View Full Version : Please help: All these symptoms/new symptoms ruining my life

Barb1988
20-12-15, 11:17
Hi everyone..

So it all started 5 years ago with a panic attack. In those years I developed different types of anxiety (social, generalised...). Of course through all these years they checked my heart (because of horrible palpitations), there were hundreds of blood tests...Everything came back normal. Around a year now, I have a severe health anxiety that is ruining my life. It started with palpitations and continued with severe dizziness. I had head CT scan, again blood and other different test-everything normal. Because of strong dizziness I am unable to go to shops, I am accually unable to do anything-to go somewhere, normally hung out with friends, to go out on a date with my housband.... And that is destroying my life :weep: I started to meditate (I am accually unable to do any sports, as I almost always feel really tired and dizzy) and I had a feeling that it may acually work for me. I was ready to accept all those symptoms, to try to live my life normally with them- I went to a shop, I tried to go on a date with my housband. It was horrible at the beginning, really bad, but at the end- I made it! I was proud, after a long time I had a feeling, there was still hope for me. So yesterday, I had a beautiful day with my housband. I was able to go buy some presents for family. I was, of course, really dizzy in shops, but I didnīt allow my panic to ruin this so I tried to accept it and function with it. As we came home it hit me- horrible, severe stubbing/needle like pain on a left side (chest)/around my heart. It was a strong pain that lasted a couple of minutes. I was feeling sick (nausea), shaky, dizzy. This happened than two more times in the evening. Today, when I woke up it hit me two times again. Of course my first thought was-this must be a heart attack. But then I tried to relax I little bit. So here we are again: laying in my bad, feeling scared, afraid of everything-of all those new symptoms, of life itself.. I am so scared of this simptom, but sick and tired that I have to go and always see my doctor, with every new symptom.. So I decided to stay home. I am trying to stay calm, not to judge myself as this makes the situation even worser.. But I am really loosing my hope. I am so tired to life a life full of fears and those symptoms.. How do you cope with it? Do you everytime visit your doctor? I donīt want to do this anymore :weep::weep:

Masonn
20-12-15, 11:36
I see a psychiatrist and he told me to stop going to the doctor as it only feeds my anxiety further. Though it doesn't make sense to me, because being reassured by a doctor does help me a little, I can see how he's right because after a few weeks or so I find something new to worry about or I even start to doubt the doctor.

Honestly, I just cope with it with time. I've had health anxiety on and off for about 4 years now and it hasn't been constant for me. I have episodes of it, it'll be all I think about for a month or so then I'll have months health-anxiety free. I don't really know how the transition happens from anxious to non anxious but it happens. This is just me, though. I'd say try to distract yourself, being alone with the internet is the worst possible thing you could have with health anxiety. Health anxiety is tricky because the symptoms won't go away without your anxiety going away but with the symptoms, anxiety is so hard to go away.