PDA

View Full Version : hopelessly crying, please help !

rbm
20-12-15, 13:48
i have attention and memory troubles, for almost 2 yrs,due to anxiety my psych says, something happend today and i can't stop crying...

i was getting ready to wash some potatoes while talking to my husband about xmas dinner...i threw them in the sink and there was a dirty dish...i started to wash it while thinking i need to buy some tall glasses and i didn't realise i was getting fairy all over my potatoes until my husbad said so...i was really out of it.i panicked instantly, i thought what if there had been something else and i could have hurt someone while not realising??

am i the only one ?? i'm really scared ! i know it's silly and i washed them eventualy and nothing went wrong, but am i splipping? does that happen to normal people ??

CoraB
20-12-15, 14:08
Hi!

I'm not sure if it happens to "normal" people but I know my anxiety gets me like that! My brain feels like its running in overdrive, gets ahead of itself and then suddenly I am pouring milk in the kettle or something equally weird.

I also get that where I suddenly stop and can't remember what I am doing at all even though I am in the middle of something.

Years ago when my fear about hurting people or doing stuff i didn't remember was at its peak my psychiatrist told me that she was not worried at all I had hurt someone or ever would. I was crying saying how could she be sure and she said "because a bad person would never be this worried over something they might do".

Its always reassured me since that my brain isn't bad its just anxious and overworked thats all.

rbm
20-12-15, 16:35
thank you so much for answering...i can't find ease with this subuject, i'm still shaking...my psych said the exact same thing about hurting people, last year i had a phase concerning my child, i was inconsolable, however i dealt with it and i moved on.but this fear of dementia i have...i can't seem to shake it off.if i forget or misplace something or i'm unaware of things happening, i panic...every day about something

shelzmike
22-12-15, 05:58
I have been having more weird thing happen related to my anxiety now...such as things that I can't immediately figure out (like something in the distance) what it is causes immediate anxiety and I have no idea why or why it even matters. This sorta thing would cause me some anxiety for a minute, but then I would (hopefully) just move past it and tell myself, "Well, I didn't do it on purpose - you WERE somewhat distracted so it's not like you just spaced out completely - and no harm came of it. And in all honesty, (assuming fairy is dish washing soap - (I'm an American and not familiar)), the worst that would have probably happened in that situation is that it would have tasted horrible and that is about it.

It is this incessant rumination over what really are trivial things is what our anxiety thrives and feeds on. As with everything else, when we work to eliminate it's source of "life", we eliminate it.

rbm
22-12-15, 09:03
I have been having more weird thing happen related to my anxiety now...such as things that I can't immediately figure out (like something in the distance) what it is causes immediate anxiety and I have no idea why or why it even matters. This sorta thing would cause me some anxiety for a minute, but then I would (hopefully) just move past it and tell myself, "Well, I didn't do it on purpose - you WERE somewhat distracted so it's not like you just spaced out completely - and no harm came of it. And in all honesty, (assuming fairy is dish washing soap - (I'm an American and not familiar)), the worst that would have probably happened in that situation is that it would have tasted horrible and that is about it.

It is this incessant rumination over what really are trivial things is what our anxiety thrives and feeds on. As with everything else, when we work to eliminate it's source of "life", we eliminate it.

yes, fairy is dish washing soap, i didn't think to mention it :winks: , i was distracted i guess...i tried to figure it out.i was talking xmas dinner AND thinkig about the glasses AND trying to cook AND wash dishes...the anxiety was so overwhelming, i can't describe it !now i'm fine, not over it though...thatnk foe the answer, i guess i needen reassurence i'm not going crazy and this happends to others