PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about New Years Eve

BlueEyesShining
20-12-15, 14:56
Okay, this may sound pretty stupid, but I have to seek advice here otherwise I will feel even worse.

I have been making some plans for New Years Eve but they won`t work. Some of my friends will go with their partners and some decided to go in another town that night etc.
So I`m left with no plans for the evening. I know it`s only one night but I may have to stay alone at home and I`m pretty anxious about it, not because I`m afraid of something. But because I will feel lonely while everyone will enjoy the night. Moreover, I`m really depressed when I have to stay alone. I don`t know how to cope. even my friends are not interested in how i feel. I`m in a tough situation anyway and i thought that my friends will be here with me that night, to distract me and to have fun.
But no, they are not interested. I feel like crying.

BlueEyesShining
22-12-15, 10:56
Anyone> :weep:

Bulldog
23-12-15, 12:40
Hi, I can see what you mean I used to think that having no plans on new years eve was depressing and something to worry about. Now I am normally a sleep before midnight. I guess I thought with being new years eve that I was meant to be out drinking etc but in reality I just enjoyed being at home with my fanily having a take a way and watching a movie. Can you not talk to your friends if you really want to go out and maybe come up with a solution?

I hope you get something sorted

swgrl09
23-12-15, 15:01
I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I've been alone on NYE the past few years because my husband has had to travel for work. It does get lonely. I actually picked up shifts at work one year to stay busy, and the holiday pay was a nice bonus.

This year I'm having the opposite problem. I'm really panicky because friends are coming to our house and I won't be able to escape and go home if it's too much! They are loud and sometimes out of control (husbands college friends). I like calm, low key get together a and I know this will be the opposite.