PDA

View Full Version : Sleep disorder/completely bored with everything.

Em.ma
20-12-15, 20:27
Hi everyone,
I've been having some trouble recently mostly revolving around my sleep. This all started two weeks ago when for four nights I had severe trouble sleeping with the worst night I only got three hours sleep. By the last night of no sleep my head was in a fog like state and I didn't feel able to function normally at all. I have no reason for not sleeping those nights I just could not fall asleep and felt very restless. It doesn't help that at the moment I wake up anywhere between 3-6 times a night needing the toilet because of pregnancy. Before these few days of not sleeping I was a great sleeper nine times out of ten I would switch off after five minutes and even if I woke during the night I would fall asleep again easily. I could sleep 12 hours a night and still nap during the day. Ever since those few nights I have been so paranoid I won't fall asleep it is causing real anxiety. Even though I have been sleeping every time I get into bed I feel like I won't sleep and get really anxious and I can not stop it. For example last night I fell asleep on the sofa from 8-10pm and then went to bed and woke at 12, 3 and 6 but the time at 3 I struggled to nod off and now I fear I will struggle again tonight because of it. I have also been having anxiety about my legs (sounds strange but I will explain) everytime I sit down I feel like I have to move them but I can actually keep them still so I know it is not restless legs. I just get so paranoid and feel like I should move them. For example if I make a normal little movement of my legs I feel worried I have this irrational fear that I should be able to keep 100 per cent still when sitting. This only happens at home and when trying to sleep. If i am typing etc I don't notice it but the moment I try to watch tv/sleep it gets to me. It doesn't happen sitting down at work etc and I can actually keep my legs still. Its made me fear being indoors. I hate being indoors now. I do everything to stay out as long as possible and actually want to be at work now which I never did before. I am dreading the xmas break this year and trying to fill all my time.
I don't have any hobbies, I find video games boring, drawing, reading etc. I am officially bored of life! and just feel a sadness all day long. I don't enjoy anything anymore. what do i do?

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Anyone

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Anyone? :(

Em.ma
21-12-15, 04:03
Wide awake :'(

Em.ma
22-12-15, 21:55
Anyone.
Tingling feet very bad tonight. Not coping at all. Extreme tingling in feet and it's very distracting

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

I guess I'm on my own from here :(

uru
22-12-15, 22:14
Have you tried going for a jog?

Em.ma
22-12-15, 22:16
I've tried long walks up to six miles. Going for a job whilst 27 weeks pregnant isn't really do able anymore. I can't jog far and my back aches.

Carolin
22-12-15, 22:33
Emma have you talked to your midwife about how you are feeling?

You sound very low to me, and maybe she can give you some support.
Not sleeping and being bored and not interested in things are classic signs of depression.
Insomnia is horrible, but I don't know what medication is safe to take in pregnancy.

Em.ma
23-12-15, 10:50
I have spoke to her yes and my gp as well. All that happened was referall to counselling. They didn't seem to know what to say.
I have no idea what medication (if any) is safe xx

Crystalhiggs
23-12-15, 13:51
Hi Emma, I had really bad insomnia for 6 months earlier this year. It was dreadful I do feel for you. How are you spending your days? Try to keep busy if you can but not so that you're overwhelmed or stressed.
I conquered it by just stopping worrying about sleep! Easier said than done but really I just got to the point where I thought, if I don't sleep I don't sleep, it won't kill me and I'll always sleep eventually because that is what my body is designed to do. Now I sleep amazingly.
It sounds as though you're very run down. The key things for me to feel happy are fresh air, exercise (even a short walk in a pretty place ) connecting somehow to nature, eating and drinking properly and feeling supported. I also do headspace each morning (mindfulness). Everything will eventually fall into place, sounds like it's just your turn to have a rough patch. Take care of yourself and the beautiful little life you are carrying! Xx

Em.ma
23-12-15, 16:55
Thank you,
I spend my week days working and weekends out and about. I do keep busy but as soon as I sit down the tingles start in my feet. I think baby is sitting on a nerve :(
Insomnia is horrible and I'm glad your feeling better and sleeping now.
I am very run down. Got another midwife app tomorrow

Crystalhiggs
23-12-15, 17:01
Maybe you need a vitamin boost, or some reflexology? Xx

Em.ma
23-12-15, 17:06
Maybe, I Iwill see what midwife says tomorrow.

Is their any chance that it's anxiety is its only happening when sitting down?
I don't worry about it when standing up so maybe as I think it's going to happen when I sit down it does?
Managed to sleep last night. From 12am to 10am woke up loads but fell asleep easily each time

Em.ma
24-12-15, 19:47
Feet bad tonight :(
In tears