PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection/antibiotics worries!!

anxious_thoughts
20-12-15, 20:16
Hey guys,

I went to the walkin today after feeling like crap all week and having a bad cough/chest cold sensation.

The doctor took my temperature and I have a slight fever (37.4 degrees Celsius). He told me I would have to go on antibiotics. And I HATE having to take pills. I have major anxiety about it. He prescribed me azithromycin for the infection.

I had to take two pills earlier and then one for the next four days. I just took two about an hour and a half ago and I read the side effects. There isn't really much about side effects. However I all of the sudden feel sleepy. Is this normal? I'm so worried about bad side effects or allergies although I'm not allergic to anything.

Thank you!

Haylee.a
20-12-15, 21:00
Have you ever been on antibiotics before??? It's ok to take things the doctor wouldn't have prescribed them if he didn't think you needed them!!! It's either don't take them and possibly get the infection back or take them and feel healthy again! I love taking antibiotics when I feel crap because they make me feel loads better after lol feel better soon x

anxious_thoughts
20-12-15, 21:52
Hello Haylee,

Thank you for the response!
I'm not feeling very sleepy anymore but I do have a bit of nausea. I hope that's normal when taking antibiotics.

Haylee.a
20-12-15, 22:41
Antibiotics don't normally cause nausIa but I know one thing that can... Anxiety!!!! Anxiety can make you be and feel physically sick! Try and relax! Let the antibiotics do there work and make sure you take the whole course!!! I have to beg to get antibiotics when I've got an infection lol they don't like to give them out willy Nilly because people become immune to them after years of taking them! Just relax and enjoy feeling better for Xmas x

anxious_thoughts
21-12-15, 23:53
Thanks Haylee! I ended up calling my pharmacist this morning and he said it was normal to feel that way since I had such a large dosage. However, now I only need one for the rest of the week. I took one two hours ago and I only feel chilly and sleepy now.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I don't have a fever. Is it normal to feel chilly two hours after taking an antibiotic for a chest infection?