PDA

View Full Version : Random muscle twitches

leafie
20-12-15, 22:57
Hey. I've been dealing with all kinds of health issues since August so I kind of know in the back of my mind it's nothing but I'm still anxious about it. Two weeks ago I had random twitches in my left hand. It went away but it came back and now it's in my right hand and both feet too. I'm really scared that it might be brain tumour or ALS or MS. I read that it can be because of stress. I had a lot of stress this past few days I'd say. I was worried for 3 days that I have pneumothorax and I went to the ER but they found nothing and I felt better. Also, for the past 3 weeks I've been worried I have a brain tumour. I always calm down but then I google again. My question is, could these twitches be because of higher stress than usual? Last Thursday I was supposed to study but I couldn't focus at all because I was so anxious about that pneumothorax I mentioned. It was never so bad I couldn't continue my work before. 17M if that helps.

FeelLikeNeo
20-12-15, 23:05
Just give the site a quick search. This is super, super common, and can definitely be down to stress, sustained anxiety, anything like that.

I started twitching 6 months ago, with a small one in my calf which, after about a day, had spread all over my body. I still have them all day every day, but not as much as before.

Try not to worry about it. I nearly had a break down over this.

To get ALS, for example, at your age, would be something like millions to one. With no family history of it, you can be pretty much certain you're fine.