PDA

View Full Version : Blood in saliva in the mornings

Helenuk1963
20-12-15, 22:57
I've done the worst poss thing and googled blood in the mouth on waking and I'm now panicking.
For the last few months I've woken up most mornings with blood mixed in to my saliva and I'm now scared to death. I do have bleeding from my gums when I brush my teeth occasionally but not all the time. Can anybody suggest a reason that doesn't mean it's something serious? I'm agoraphobic and doctor phobic so this is a big deal for me :(

Pepperpot
21-12-15, 00:56
Hi
It could just be a spot of gingivitis. Don't believe everything the internet tells you. I read that bleeding gums can be due to stress - I asked my dentist and he disagreed x

FeelLikeNeo
21-12-15, 14:26
It's important on this forum that we don't go offering unfounded medical advice or dismissing things to make people feel better. For something like this, in my opinion, it's worth going to a dentist, if you're worried about going to a doctor. I appreciate this may be hard for you. This doesn't mean it's something serious, of course - it could be anything! But also, this is not a common symptom that people with anxiety or stress suffer from and because of that it seems worth getting a second opinion.

Carnation
21-12-15, 16:15
Yes, I agree with FeelLikeNeo.
I have just experienced this and I went to the Dentist. He will tell you what is wrong. :)