PDA

View Full Version : Mother chest X Ray results

Frankmakin
20-12-15, 23:36
Hello everyone
I am extremely anxious and cannot sleep due to issues with my mother.
I am a 27 year old guy and suffer from anxiety issues when I was told my mother had to go for a chest X-ray due to a cough that she's had for a long time I panicked and automatically thought lung cancer.
She has recently been diagnosed with diabetes also and has lost a bit of weight which is now steady this is how she discovered she was diabetic.
She does smoke and has for years so the lung cancer scare has always been there.
She gets blood taken every other week for her diabetes checks and also has bad asthma which she has had for a long long time.
The doctor sent her to the hospital for a chest X-ray after the asthma clinic said the cough wasn't suspicious.
She had the X-ray done and was told that she was to go back on the 29th of December for the results but that was more than three weeks after the X-ray was taken?
It has now been two weeks and I have barely slept and cannot eat or enjoy myself. If the doctor found something suspicious would they contact my mother straight away or wait until she went back three weeks later?
The doctor even said enjoy Christmas and I can't even think about it I thought it was rather cheeky saying something like that in the same sentence as saying come back in three weeks?
As far as I'm aware she has had this cough for years and has had it checked out and it was just her asthma. It is only at evenings and early morning no blood in flem when there is some it's usually dry.
Am I worrying over nothing? Would the doctor call if something was found?
Thank you in advance for your help

Pepperpot
21-12-15, 00:54
Hi,

I can't help you, but I wanted to let you know I am in EXACTLY the same boat. My mam has had weakness in her body and has been struggling to walk for a few months now. The doc said she had had a stroke, but the stroke clinic said she hadn't. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, the doc referred her for a chest x ray as she is an ex smoker. The results came back a week later and she rang up, to be told by the receptionist there was a note attached and the doc would ring her when she was in a couple of days later.Understandably, mam was annoyed as another doctor had clearly looked at the results to attach a note to it in the first place, so why didn't they ring her instead? Anyway, found out last week she has a shadow on the lung so they booked her a ct scan - I am so worried as she is not well at all.
I hope the results are fine for your mam x