PDA

View Full Version : Someone slap some sense into me and tell me I'm being stupid...

KayeS
21-12-15, 00:01
For exactly one week now I've had really bad back pain that has actually gotten worse over the last week.

It's around the centre of my back, but to the right side, so over the ribs on my back in the middle. It hurts mainly when I breathe in. It feels like a deep pain, as in I can't touch it. It's not one of the big muscles. It feels deeper in. There is also a clicking/popping sensation if I am turned slightly to my right and breathing in.

In the morning the pain is really bad. It's a struggle to actually get out of bed and move around. It eases as the day goes on but there are periods when it just seems to flare up and get worse for an hour, and then settle back down.

I can't help but feel anxious about this with the Coccyx pain I had last month (which went away but has actually come back now believe it or not...).

Has anyone experienced similar pain before? Is this a normal back pain to get? I didn't do anything in particular that injured my back. It just seemed to happen out of nowhere!

Seanpat
21-12-15, 03:12
I have had back pain, leg pain, shoulder pain etc. it is anxiety repression etc. there are great books on this including The Divided Mind by Sarno and The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich. If you are on this site it is anxiety related.

CoraB
21-12-15, 11:13
Hi Kaye, really similar symptoms to you over here and I know how hard it is to carry on when it seems like the pain is there all the time. I just keep trying to tell myself there are times I don't have the pain or it's gone away then come back so surely it can't be that bad? Do you find yours is worse after eating junk? My diet is awful at the moment and I'm wonderig if it's like a stomach ulcer referred pain?

Haylee.a
21-12-15, 11:26
I get the most random aches and pains over my body!!! I think it's where we're constantly tense and don't know it xx

katyfitz
21-12-15, 15:23
Omg I am going thru exactly the same thing. How are you today x

angrry
21-12-15, 15:48
could it possibly be posture related?..Do you sit at a desk a lot and do computer work? I know I had to go to physiotherapy for back pain and it was because of how I sat at my desk working on the computer

KayeS
21-12-15, 16:11
I think it could very well be posture related as I am sitting down pretty much all day working as a sound engineer, it's just that it sort of came on very quickly, like overnight.

Hopefulmi
21-12-15, 16:16
I am suffering too but thinking my funny sleeping posture/normal posture and carrying a 3 year old while being pregnant is just not letting me heal properly. It seems to be a common problem. If it hurts when breathing in and feels deep it could be intercostal muscles.

Feel better soon xx

KayeS
21-12-15, 18:20
I am suffering too but thinking my funny sleeping posture/normal posture and carrying a 3 year old while being pregnant is just not letting me heal properly. It seems to be a common problem. If it hurts when breathing in and feels deep it could be intercostal muscles.

Feel better soon xx

The physio I went to said exactly the same thing... I just don't understand how I did it :/

Hope you feel better soon too :)