PDA

View Full Version : asap help please.

ben johnson
21-12-15, 13:49
I cant help but think everyone is talking to me and looking at me, and I keep having thorts that my misses is doing stuff and its driving me crazy. please someone help

uru
21-12-15, 16:07
That sounds quite serious. I think you should go and see a Dr ASAP.

Carnation
21-12-15, 16:12
It sounds like you are feeling insecure and suffering with being paranoid.
I get this a bit. I think people stare at me and make comments, don't like me and think my Partner is up to things when he clearly is not.
You could mention this to you GP, but he/she will only probably give you more pills.

Carolin
21-12-15, 16:21
I get this too.

I hear someone laughing and I think they are laughing at me. I think people are talking about me, looking at me and don't like me. I see my husband on his phone, and think he is having an affair. Irrational I know, but i cant help the thoughts. This can easily lead into an argument if I don't control things going on in my head.

I know it is anxiety and insecurities, but it still happens. Try to remember it is anxiety when you get these thoughts. You are not alone with this.

MyNameIsTerry
22-12-15, 12:05
Paranoia is common with anxiety BUT the one thing that you know is that as an anxiety sufferer, this another one of it's tricks because if you were truly paranoid, you wouldn't be questioning it like this as you would be absorbed by it. You know it's not real.

When I used to go to the charity walk-in groups, we would spend some time working through a CBT based module. Within one of these it talked about how we believe others can see our anxiety and explained how its simply another distortion because all those people we think are looking at are really absorbed by their own thoughts and are not looking at us at all, merely looking in our direction. They cannot read our thoughts.

Thesedays I can see anxiety in other people more easily BUT only if they choose to show it in how they act or appear. The majority of the time, I expect it is well concealed. So, if someone like me who has been through it in order to spot the signs, what chance is there someone who hasn't can? No chance.

Are you having any therapy for your anxiety? They use CBT to treat paranoia too so it's worth talking about it so thyey can help form a strategy to resolve it.

ben johnson
05-01-16, 14:08
to urusainaa iv been to the doctors and they have just given me tablets to take for six mouths and to use website ect to try and help me :(.

to carnation im already on the pills for it but it don't help that much though :(.

to carolin I try to think like that but the thorts are that realistic I cant over ride them, so it works me up even more :(.

to terry all my doctor has done is given me tablets but they don't work that well and told me to talk on sites like this to help me out.